Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

titanskick8851

Just now, reo said:

Meh. Brown doesn't really impress me. He's fine but just another WR from a spread offense. 

Brown doesn't offer much in the way of downfield blocking; don't know how much JRob values that, but it has been something Titans traditionally expect from their WRs.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I vote an automatic ban on anyone who quotes that monster titanskick post. Have some pity in those of us on mobile devices. 

Lol tremendous anticipation.    Sorry just though that was funny. He knows the route and there's no rush or DB to screw up the timing. What's there to anticipate?   Dude might be g

Hello all, I figure we should have a place again to post all the Draft Prospect Meetings and Visits that are set up over the next couple of months. Although we are only about 2-weeks in, we once again

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, No1TitansFan said:

Brown doesn't offer much in the way of downfield blocking; don't know how much JRob values that, but it has been something Titans traditionally expect from their WRs.

He’s actually a pretty scrappy blocker, much more so than many give him credit for. 

I just don't see the value in taking a WR in the first round this year, with Mariota at QB this offense is never going to be a high powered passing attack, there are only so many targets to be shared around.

Really hope JRob builds through the trenches in this draft, make sure you get someone who can start at RG and also get Casey some help on the IDL, there are going to be offensive weapons available in rounds 3-4 that can come in and help whether that is WR/TE/RB.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Sub 4.3 speed doesn’t impress you? 

Not overly especially when he doesn't do it at the combine and 5'9 from a spread offense just running deep against lesser talented players.

Guys like him come out every other year and how many pan out? Hill? 

I mean I'd be fine with him but I wouldn't be massively excited. 

3 minutes ago, reo said:

Same here.  Eh, another wideout.  Plus haven't they've been more focused on bigger, more, physical WR during the draft process?  Hard to get that excited over a WR who'll probably be the 3rd or 4th option in the passing game at best.

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Same here.  Eh, another wideout.  Plus haven't they've been more focused on bigger, more, physical WR during the draft process?  Hard to get that excited over a WR who'll probably be the 3rd or 4th option in the passing game at best.

His speed is enticing, but I don't want to WR again in R1, especially so quickly after drafting Davis. 

I feel like JR would prefer a guy with as few question marks as possible. Someone he's comfortable with. I just personally think there's too many question marks with Brown. The injury. He played against weak competition with possibly two #1 picks throwing him the ball. He's very small, even compared to smaller WR like Hilton and Cooks. Brown is barely 160 lb.

Edited by socaltitan

1 hour ago, reo said:

Not overly especially when he doesn't do it at the combine and 5'9 from a spread offense just running deep against lesser talented players.

Guys like him come out every other year and how many pan out? Hill? 

Sorry but guys like Hollywood Brown don’t come out every year. 

I get the feeling you haven’t watched his tape. He’s elite at tracking the ball and runs the whole route tree well, is a relatively refined route runner (not Corey Davis level coming out but def more than someone like John Ross or Taywan Taylor). 

He regularly torched high level opponents. He’s the missing element from this offense personnel wise.

I think the best argument against the pick from a strategy perspective is the argument that we don’t have the QB to take advantage of a full arsenal of weapons and that the pick would be better used to bolster the defense to hedge against mediocre QB play. 

Edited by tgo

TGO, I think we are going to run the ball and throw lots of screens and short to intermediate passes.. ie control the clock on offense..and play outstanding defense.. so I agree that Brown really doesn't fit that formula..

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

Sorry but guys like Hollywood Brown don’t come out every year. 

I get the feeling you haven’t watched his tape. He’s elite at tracking the ball and runs the whole route tree well, is a relatively refined route runner (not Corey Davis level coming out but def more than someone like John Ross or Taywan Taylor). 

He regularly torched high level opponents. He’s the missing element from this offense personnel wise.

I think the best argument against the pick from a strategy perspective is the argument that we don’t have the QB to take advantage of a full arsenal of weapons and that the pick would be better used to bolster the defense to hedge against mediocre QB play. 

No offense... but yeah, ok. I'll believe it when I see it.

These speed guys don't come out every year... they come out every other year.

But maybe I'm wrong and he'll take the league by storm. 

4 minutes ago, Nash said:

TGO, I think we are going to run the ball and throw lots of screens and short to intermediate passes.. ie control the clock on offense..and play outstanding defense.. so I agree that Brown really doesn't fit that formula..

I am inclined to agree, but Robinson’s pursuit of guys like Antonio Brown and Brandin Cooks give me pause about his personnel vision for the offense. 

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

I am inclined to agree, but Robinson’s pursuit of guys like Antonio Brown and Brandin Cooks give me pause about his personnel vision for the offense. 

They are proven , productive players in the nfl.  They have little in common with a college kid with potential.

1 minute ago, abc2330 said:

They are proven , productive players in the nfl.  They have little in common with a college kid with potential.

Yeah regardless, the Titans are heavily interested in Brown obviously so obviously he’s under heavy consideration. Another player may win out in the end but that doesn’t mean he’s not in the top echelon of consideration. 

22 minutes ago, Nash said:

Because we dont have a Marquise Brown on the team. He will open things up.

• Jonboy unpinned this topic