Titans - Draft Meetings/Visits/Workouts

titanskick8851

2 hours ago, socaltitan said:

Its been talked about that we need more difference makers. That's why I can't get excited about a G R1 personally. Difference maker is someone who can change a scoreboard or affect the passer to me so this makes sense.

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of spending another R1 on a WR, but Brown makes more sense to me than a G. He could be DeSean Jackson, TY Hilton, Tyreek Hill, etc. That type of gamebreaker. 

While this is true, I just hate seeing significant foot injuries to speed WR's. It can be just as much as a death-kneel as foot injuries are for pass-rushers.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I vote an automatic ban on anyone who quotes that monster titanskick post. Have some pity in those of us on mobile devices. 

Lol tremendous anticipation.    Sorry just though that was funny. He knows the route and there's no rush or DB to screw up the timing. What's there to anticipate?   Dude might be g

Hello all, I figure we should have a place again to post all the Draft Prospect Meetings and Visits that are set up over the next couple of months. Although we are only about 2-weeks in, we once again

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jonboy said:

With all the interest in DB's I really think we could take one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Johnson, Joejuan Williams, Juan Thornhill, Darnell Savage, Amani Hooker, and Jimmy Moreland all seem to be of interest to them. 

14 hours ago, tgo said:

So there may be one or two more first round private visits left, typically there are 4-6.

We now know 5 of them:

1. Ed Oliver

2. Brian Burns

3. Marquise Brown

4. Clelin Ferrell

5. Jerry Tillery

These may be our guys sans one or two. They may not even feel the need to visit with a guy like Lindstrom who they know well. 

Out of that list Oliver will be long gone, worst case scenario for him his the Bills at #9, in the last 48hrs there has been a tonne of speculation the Jets might take him at pick #3.

As for the other 4 guys, would hate if the pick was Ferrell he doesn't have the juice to be a consistent 10+ sack guy, he will set the edge in the run game and get the occasional effort sack but isn't the type of guy you should pick in the top 20, he just doesn't seem to have the upside in the NFL.

The upside of Brown/Burns/Tillery is enticing, but they all come with question marks, can Brown stay healthy with the extra physicality of the NFL, can Burns improve his run defense over time, what exactly are the character concerns with Tillery.

I'm not convinced any of those guys will be the pick at #19.

9 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

While this is true, I just hate seeing significant foot injuries to speed WR's. It can be just as much as a death-kneel as foot injuries are for pass-rushers.

I would pass personally, but I can at least see the logic behind taking him because he could be a gamebreaker. Just think there's too much risk. Maybe he's DeSean Jackson. Or he's John Ross. The injury is concerning and he's very small. There are other small WR (Hilton, Cooks, etc) who have been plenty good and durable, but Brown even compared to them is pretty slight. Barely even 160 lb.

18 minutes ago, titaninpgh said:

I don't think Robinson has the guts to take Ferrell after what happened with Dodd. If he takes Ferrell, it would push my "Trust in J-Rob" ethos to its limit. He usually doesn't make the same mistake twice (except signing crappy free agent NTs).

Ferrell reminds me too much of Morgan. I think he could be a good player like Morgan, but I don't see a difference maker. I think we have a lot of good players, we need more of an impact guy.

16 hours ago, Justafan said:

Go tell all the football people then.  

just show me where they say it like you've mentioned. i see people say that all the time but i've never seen GMs mention it. They bring guys in all the time through the season to "update their files"  - for possible FA pickups - which is very different. bring in guys the colts drop to scout their playbook? yeah that happens. 

... but bringing in a yet-to-be-drafted / possible 5th or 6th round pick of an unknown team thats likely not even in our division  - a guy we most likely will never ever play against or most likely wont even be in the league - thats retarded and a giant waste of money. if the guy DOES make the NFL... still low chances he plays... lower chances he starts... lower chances still we play against that guy... even lower chances he will have the same features and flaws to take advantage of by the time we actually play them. if they are higher than a 5th/ 6th / 7th / UDFA... the better bet is we are scouting for ourselves. dont want to waste the scouting time and if someone falls we'd like to know all we can. 

i could be wrong of course and i'll admit as much but until shown otherwise, i'll just assume it's a "common knowledge" thing that has no basis in reality. 

38 minutes ago, tgo said:

Maybe not. Wilkins, Simmons, Lawrence, Lindstrom would seem to be potential targets as well. 

Apart from the Clemson pro day has there been any indication we have any real interest in Lawrence, other than the link to the obvious positional need.

At least with Simmons there were the reports from Matt Miller linking us to him and Dave McGinnis on the OTP saying he knew that the team had spent considerable time vetting Simmons.

Now that my Hockenson dreams are basically dead and buried and IOL is appearing to be less likely the direction JRob goes, i'm kind of hoping JRob rolls the dice and goes with Simmons, he might be the player with the highest upside left available to us at #19.

1 hour ago, socaltitan said:

I would pass personally, but I can at least see the logic behind taking him because he could be a gamebreaker. Just think there's too much risk. Maybe he's DeSean Jackson. Or he's John Ross. The injury is concerning and he's very small. There are other small WR (Hilton, Cooks, etc) who have been plenty good and durable, but Brown even compared to them is pretty slight. Barely even 160 lb.

He may be a bust, but he’s nothing like Ross. He runs a full route stem and is excellent with leverage and has show the ability to consistently beat press, all of which Ross never showed in college. 

7 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Apart from the Clemson pro day has there been any indication we have any real interest in Lawrence, other than the link to the obvious positional need.

At least with Simmons there were the reports from Matt Miller linking us to him and Dave McGinnis on the OTP saying he knew that the team had spent considerable time vetting Simmons.

Now that my Hockenson dreams are basically dead and buried and IOL is appearing to be less likely the direction JRob goes, i'm kind of hoping JRob rolls the dice and goes with Simmons, he might be the player with the highest upside left available to us at #19.

No, There’s been no connection to Lawrence outside of Vrabel talking to him at the pro day. 

• Jonboy unpinned this topic