Sign in to follow this  
Jamalisms

Opinion: Lindsay Graham Betraying Senate

An opinion piece, but one I generally agree with. Partisan, ends-driven governance is toxic. Not only to the moment but to the institution itself. It actively corrupts the ability to given responsibly in the future and undermines the institution these people serve.

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/581500/

Soxcat   

Graham is just trying to maintain leverage.  Trump's leverage now is the potential of declaring an emergency.  Both sides need to compromise.  Graham has been for compromise and getting a deal done.  The Dems are the ones who have decided walls are immoral.  They have forced Trump's hand. 

MadMax   
1 minute ago, Soxcat said:

Graham is just trying to maintain leverage.  Trump's leverage now is the potential of declaring an emergency.  Both sides need to compromise.  Graham has been for compromise and getting a deal done.  The Dems are the ones who have decided walls are immoral.  They have forced Trump's hand. 

The dems decided the coast to coast wall is not cost effective and only political theater - disguised as a monument for Товарищ Трамп

Democracy is supposed to be about PEOPLE, not party. That is the problem. PACs, big pharma, Koch bros. and large corporations run this country. The president is just a puppet. Until we chnage that this is going to be status quo.

Edited by freakingeek

Soxcat   

So Pelosi isn't a puppet?  If a Republican was anything close to the ass she has been from day one of this issue of border security you would be screaming bloody murder.  Maybe the most amazing thing is how you guys always accuse the right of doing the very thing you do.  Get the damn log out your eye if you want to lecture us about the sliver in ours.

Career politicians have climbed that ladder only through financial support, including Pelosi. You missed the point. And because I chose to support a politician that aligns more with my personal beliefs over a lying reality show con man doesn't change the fact that our system needs changing. Bipartisan politics shouldn't be the exception, they should be the rule and the norm.

I have been meaning to ask - are there any rumors that Graham is gay? Because he sort of seems like he's gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Soxcat   

I agree 100% on bipartisanship but either way this whole shut down was caused by Pelosi taking a hard position on the wall.  Trump might have accepted wall funding lower than his initial asking price.  The Dems could have also gained other benefits for things like DACA from the start if they were willing to negotiate.  If an acceptable compromise is reached it will have funding for the wall.  Not zero like Pelosi stood strong on.  Thus she is the reason for the shutdown.  Period.  And that is something you, as a supporter of hers, should honestly acknowledge.  And by the way one reason things might eventually get done is because there is a group of Dems that are sick of this crap and willing to reach a compromise. 

Thus we have a Dem, Pelosi lover, lecturing the right on how things need to be bipartisan but it is his party that stated from the start they would not negotiate.  We even have not wits now saying the libs don't want a wall and never wanted a wall when they voted for a barrier multiple times.  So we have outright lies.  Fabrications of history. 

Edited by Soxcat

Soxcat   
2 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

I have been meaning to ask - are there any rumors that Graham is gay? Because he sort of seems like he's gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

When I compare him to Jamal there are some similarities except for the wide intellectual advantage Graham has. 

3 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

I think he is. And good for him if so. However, I have (an unfounded) a small part of me thinking he is getting played because of his inclination. 

begooode   
9 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I agree 100% on bipartisanship but either way this whole shut down was caused by Pelosi taking a hard position on the wall. 

spot the contradiction.  You are truly clueless.

10 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

I agree 100% on bipartisanship but either way this whole shut down was caused by Pelosi taking a hard position on the wall.  Trump might have accepted wall funding lower than his initial asking price.  The Dems could have also gained other benefits for things like DACA from the start if they were willing to negotiate.  If an acceptable compromise is reached it will have funding for the wall.  Not zero like Pelosi stood strong on.  Thus she is the reason for the shutdown.  Period.  And that is something you, as a supporter of hers, should honestly acknowledge.  And by the way one reason things might eventually get done is because there is a group of Dems that are sick of this crap and willing to reach a compromise. 

Thus we have a Dem, Pelosi lover, lecturing the right on how things need to be bipartisan but it is his party that stated from the start they would not negotiate.  We even have not wits now saying the libs don't want a wall and never wanted a wall when they voted for a barrier multiple times.  So we have outright lies.  Fabrications of history. 

Trump wanted a wall to simply satisfy his base. It's a fact the bulk of undocumented workers are smuggled through legal points of entry. A wall is not going to stop the majority of illegals. Pelosi wanted more border patrol agents, better surveillance, drones, faster processing of applications for legal entry and a whole slew of other options. THAT is why Pelosi refused to sign off on a 7 billion dollar dog and pony show.

Edited by freakingeek

34 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Plenty. No substance to them and rather insulting to actual gay people, I imagine, but yes. Lots.