Eagles Expected to Let Foles Walk (Update: Franchise Tag Expected, per Schefter)

Jonboy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would really love to have Calais Campbell

Well hopefully he likes living in Jacksonville. 

If I were Foles and the Eagles tendered him with the franchise tag I'd sign it right away. He'd make a ton of money, he'd be totally free next year and there will be more teams in the QB market in 202

1 hour ago, wtenn said:

What if no one bites on the trade?  Can the Eagles still release him or are they on the hook for the franchise tag season?

If Foles signs the tag it becomes guaranteed

I don't really see any other teams that would be likely to trade for Foles than Jacksonville.  Miami's basically admitted they're tanking.  Who else needs a QB?  I would doubt that they'll trade him within the division to Washington.  Denver?  I guess that's theoretically possible but they did sign Keenum just last year.

I feel like it's Jacksonville bidding against themselves.

22 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The Jags were idiots not going after Cousins last off season and now they'll likely way over pay for Foles

This is the best case scenario. 

I can also see a scenario where Jax dicks around with the compensation and someone unexpected swoops in.  And Jax ends up with broken down Manning. 

Edited by japan

If the Eagles are gonna trade Foles, they should immediately give him permission to talk to other teams.   This would allow Foles to discuss details of a long-term extension and increase his trade value, since trade partners would know he wasn’t a one-year rental.

But if I’m the Eagles, I’d seriously consider finding a way to keep both Foles and Wentz for another year.  Even with the $20M payout, they’re still getting two quality  QBs for the price of one, and ensures quality QB play if Wentz goes down again.