Todd Downing is the Titans new TE Coach

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@tgo   Analyze, discuss and rule on said hiring!

He’s one of the guys I had on my list. Was a rising coaching star a couple years back.    I think he’ll be able to really help Smith with the passing game and be a resource as the only other

Derek Carr also cries like a girl when he is hit.

8 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

damn it tgo. I was all excited about the idea of Chudzinski coaching here. 

Same. 

I bet he’d be a bristly personality in a subordinate role though. 

5 hours ago, headhunter said:

TE and RB has to be the easiest positions to coach

TE is the hardest spot for rookies after QB. They've involved extensively in the run & passing game, them & their coaches have a lot on their plate.

But RB's def. I feel like they probably try to look like they're working hard half the time. 

10 hours ago, headhunter said:

TE and RB has to be the easiest positions to coach

What’s easy about coaching TEs? The only thing I can think of is having a smaller group to coach. If you are coaching up at most 4 guys it’s probably a little easier to get your point across. 

After reading up on Downing some more, he apparently led to significant improvement in the blocking of the Minnesota TE's..this would seem to support we are going to run a lot more 2 TE alignments..Which means we will be a ball control, run heavy team to me..

13 minutes ago, Nash said:

After reading up on Downing some more, he apparently led to significant improvement in the blocking of the Minnesota TE's..this would seem to support we are going to run a lot more 2 TE alignments..Which means we will be a ball control, run heavy team to me..

Well that’s good news. 

I don't know shit about this guy, but I love hires that involve someone coaching at a level below what they got fired from. Wade Phillips might have sucked a big sack as HC, but he's a helluva fuckin DC. Seems like those guys when they bang against the ceiling, they perform even better when they get back to doing what they were good at. I'm guessing it's a combo of ambition and understanding gained. 

Here is a comparison of the Rams version and the 49ers version of the offense.  It would appear we are setting up to run the 49ers version with mobile TE/Hbacks...Didn't we bring back Fowler for a week this season?? MLF must have decided to go with 3 wr until he figured out we only had 1 WR when Richard Matthews left, then he started playing more TE's and Henry took off..(my analysis there)

compare the Rams and 49ers version of Shanahan offense