Surrender: Trump Expected to Endorse Deal to End Shutdown

9 Nines

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sox you can scream and rant and rave and lose your mind over "libs" and "demons" all day long, but many Americans, well more than 50%, and plenty who are not liberal at all, do not trust this presiden

lol if I am reading this right, it is the EXACT SAME FUCKING DEAL (other than maybe length of time?) that Democrats and Republicans - and President Dipshit, initially - agreed to in December. You know

Breaking News!!!                 Putin is suing Nancy Pelosi for sole custody of President Trump. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ctm said:

So which was the worst day for Trump.  The day he sucked off Putin on the stage in Helsinki or today when Pelosi castrated him?

The Putin one for sure. It was easily the biggest display of weakness by a US President and possibly by a world leader. The bitch move to pretend he misspoke afterwards was what topped it off - classic 'bully is a wimp in confronting situation'.

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

I think it'll go the emergency route or the not-a-wall border control pivot.

When the time comes he just won't talk about it and he'll create some controversy for the media to be upset about. He'll probably call some congresswoman a cunt on Twitter or something. Bonus of it's a candidate to be the nominee in 2020.

There is another funding lapse in 3 weeks.  Trump said yesterday in his speech, that he would shut down the government again or declare a national emergency if he doesn't get a "fair deal" from congress.

Memo to Trump---you aren't getting money for the wall in 3 weeks.  Not happening.

So what is he going to do then?  Cave in again? How's that going to go over with his base?  He's still not out of his corner.  He's just postponed it 3 weeks.

16 hours ago, Btowner said:

I still think this is the reason he agreed to temporarily open the government. After January 29th, watch him renege like he did to so many small businesses.

This is exactly right. I thought it as soon as I read he agreed to a deal. 

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

@ben4titans

why do you think he agreed to open the government? 

Was it: 

A) the workers not being paid

B) the kids about to not be fed

or

C) Trump wanted the State of the Union 

Think for a second before responding. 

D)  The situation at the airports was going to make republican senators cave on him and he had to get ahead of that

E)  Roger Stone

16 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

First of all, this is temporary. He can easily choose to go the emergency route if "we tried, we opened it back up and tried to negotiate but it didn't work because Dems are unreasonable." Second of all, exactly that ... it can easily be spun as this is the 'true' effort and then he's more justified next time. Basically a PR reset. This is entirely possible. And his SoTU will likely set this up, or try to.

But I don't care, I'm happy for the families that need to get paid to survive. I'm happy that they didn't enable the shutdown route because that would make this a repeat usage tool for the next thing he wants he wants HE WANTS.

But this is far from over. He's not that kind of person.

It isn’t just possible, it’s exactly what’s going to happen. He’s one of those strange people who is stupid but is always watching. This is his only out. He’s going to declare it an emergency. 

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

It isn’t just possible, it’s exactly what’s going to happen. He’s one of those strange people who is stupid but is always watching. This is his only out. He’s going to declare it an emergency. 

It seems like his only step because another shutdown has to be off the table for republican senators.

His problem is that the courts will quickly stop it.  Then what?  He's not out of his corner by any means.  He'll just look that much weaker the next time he caves.

10 minutes ago, ctm said:

It seems like his only step because another shutdown has to be off the table for republican senators.

His problem is that the courts will quickly stop it.  Then what?  He's not out of his corner by any means.  He'll just look that much weaker the next time he caves.

They’ve told him this (anyone with a functional brain stem). The court system will now be his savior and his way of turning it on the Dems. He will look like he tried (to the retards). The wall doesn’t matter. We all know that, or else he would have already declared the emergency. I’d put good money says this is his route. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

19 minutes ago, ctm said:

Maybe he can just apologize for being a complete prick his entire adult life and a terrible president, only looking out for himself and not for the people he's supposed to be looking out for, he understands if people are upset with him and he will do the best that he can the rest of the time he's in office.  And he will stop making boastful tweets and just concentrate on making the country better.

2 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

They’ve told him this (anyone with a functional brain stem). The court system will now be savior and his way of turning it on the Dems. He will look like he tried (to the retards). The wall doesn’t matter. We all know that, or else he would have already declared the emergency. I’d put good money says this is his route. 

He only has one real out that is grounded in reality.

Get as much money as he can in the 3 week negotiations for fence repair and other border security measures.  Paint this as a win and call it a down payment with more money to come.  Then admit the obvious---the votes just aren't there in congress for the wall, even with some republicans.  We'll have to settle this in the next election.

13 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

They’ve told him this (anyone with a functional brain stem). The court system will now be his savior and his way of turning it on the Dems. He will look like he tried (to the retards). The wall doesn’t matter. We all know that, or else he would have already declared the emergency. I’d put good money says this is his route. 

If that's his planned route he should have done that already.  In fact he should have done that instead of the shutdown.  What he did yesterday likely set him back in the eyes of his base and what he's done the past 35 days likely ended any hope of getting support from anyone not in his base.