Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
titanskick8851

Upcoming Free Agents

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, tgo said:

@Jonboy

 

was just coming here to post that!

 

My two guys are Za'Darius Smith and Adam Humphries. I think they're likely targets and would be great signings.

 

I think other legitimate targets could include guys like:

 

Trey Flowers, Preston Smith, Golden Tate, Ndamukong Suh.

 

And there's about 10-12 guards that are real options, several of them with links to our staff.

 

 

 

 

Yup, 100%! Those are the two guys I feel most confident about us picking up. Just too many connections and they both play at positions of huge need for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, tgo said:

 

This doesn't bode well for re-signing Vaccaro imo

 

I'm still kind of expecting them to let Vaccaro walk this offseason. 

Definitely not a great sign, but still not out of the realm of possibility if they choose to release Cyprien. I am starting to lean that they keep Cyprien (give him a chance in Pees defense) and also give Cruikshank more snaps. They could also draft a good safety in the mid-late rounds to develop for a year too. We do have several large DB contracts (Ryan/Butler/Cyprien) with two more to potentially come in the future (Byard/Jackson) so they may choose the youth route instead of extending Vacarro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
8 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Definitely not a great sign, but still not out of the realm of possibility if they choose to release Cyprien. I am starting to lean that they keep Cyprien (give him a chance in Pees defense) and also give Cruikshank more snaps. They could also draft a good safety in the mid-late rounds to develop for a year too. We do have several large DB contracts (Ryan/Butler/Cyprien) with two more to potentially come in the future (Byard/Jackson) so they may choose the youth route instead of extending Vacarro.

Yeah, pretty much. 

 

As I have said previously, people are underestimating how much Robinson loves him some Jonathan Cyprien. 

 

Even more so if he actually ends up being cheaper than Vaccaro. Cyprien may even be willing to restructure too. 

 

I remember Pees raving about him last offseason before he got hurt. 

 

One thing to note about Cyprien is that his struggles are often manifested in zone coverage (which we don't play much of). The thing that bothers me about Cyp is not really his supposed coverage deficiencies, but more so his missed tackles since he joined the Titans. Because he's typically been a hard hitting, sure tackling safety. 

 

I think he was probably trying to do too much before and trying to prove himself, constantly going for a knock out hit. 

 

 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   

While Taylor looked better this year especially after the injury he is still isn't reliable enough to be a legit 2 to Davis. This team needs to signed one legit WR in free agency and draft a WR, TE and running back to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abc2330   
1 hour ago, Huston said:

While Taylor looked better this year especially after the injury he is still isn't reliable enough to be a legit 2 to Davis. This team needs to signed one legit WR in free agency and draft a WR, TE and running back to be honest.

Give the young guys some time to develop.  The QB isn't reliable or good enough for us to require a cupboard full of weapons.  

Edited by abc2330

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   
3 hours ago, abc2330 said:

Give the young guys some time to develop.  The QB isn't reliable or good enough for us to require a cupboard full of weapons.  

Give it a break dude, they need better pass catchers.

Edited by Huston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, headhunter said:

Not a fan of Humphries. Average ability. 

Yeah hes a poor mans edelman. People really underrate how quick and agile edelman is humphries short shuttle and 3 cone times were pretty average for a guy his size but edelmans were elite. I think id rather them just get isabella late if possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abc2330   
6 minutes ago, Huston said:

Give it break dude, they need better pass catchers.

Maybe they need a better QB?  It's amazing how Cleveland's receivers suddenly didn't seem horrific when Tyrod was replaced with Baker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   
Just now, abc2330 said:

Maybe they need a better QB?  It's amazing how Cleveland's receivers suddenly didn't seem horrific when Tyrod was replaced with Baker.

Lol, get over yourself they need better weapons regardless of what you think about Marcus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
10 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

Maybe they need a better QB?  It's amazing how Cleveland's receivers suddenly didn't seem horrific when Tyrod was replaced with Baker.

That’s not in the cards for 2019. 

 

They need to find a way to contend in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huston   
3 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

We need more weapons but two receivers another te and rb is a little ridiculous.

We need quality depth at WR and RB, Sharpe is on his last year and we have only Flu if Henry or Lewis gets hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tgo said:

That’s not in the cards for 2019. 

 

They need to find a way to contend in 2019.

The blunt reality is if the Titans can't find around another 7 points a game offensively they aren't going to be close to serious contenders to go deep in the playoffs.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...