Sign in to follow this  
titanskick8851

Upcoming Free Agents

tgo   
38 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Evans needs to learn to make those calls. Woodyard can’t be around forever just to make those calls. If Evans is going to be an every down LB then that’s a role he will need to take on. 

Agreed. I think one more year will do it, while Woodyard is still playing at a high level. 

1 hour ago, tgo said:

I mean, do we seriously think you can just lose 3 team leaders, including the QB of the defense and not skip a beat?

Too many people don't think about the mental aspect and the experience that's required to play the game at that level.

Not on defense or offense.  They think it's all about physical ability or "football IQ."

That's why they get so jazzed over combine performances, and even reports of good interviews.

But more often than not, there's just no substitute for experience.

OILERMAN   
6 hours ago, tgo said:

You guys seem to have forgotten how dishevled the team was last year without him. 

The problem is that Evans and Brown can’t make the calls yet. As Pees said, Woodyard makes the defensive calls and is the field general. And it’ll be even more important without Orakpo and Morgan and relying on so many young inexperienced players. 

I mean, do we seriously think you can just lose 3 team leaders, including the QB of the defense and not skip a beat? 

The entire character of the team would change losing all 3 of those guys. I think you absolutely have to keep Woodyard for one more year until Evans is ready to lead the defense. 

Jayon Brown is not cerebral enough to be that guy. Evans can be, but he’s not ready. 

We'll see but the league goes younger and younger. 

reo   
8 hours ago, headhunter said:

Losing Orakpo, Morgan and Woodyard in one offseason would be so fuckin stupid. We need leadership somewhere. 

Yeah I can't see them letting Woodyard go just yet. They'll go another year and let Evan's force his way onto the field more.