Sign in to follow this  
NashvilleNinja

Like father, like son... like father

4 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

He’s the perfect person for the role. I’ve been thinking of going back and watching the sopranos lately. 

I was intrigued by the movie anyway, but Chase casting him as young Tony makes me not want to miss it.

I've never seen him act so I don't know how good he is, and I'm sure some will howl about nepotism. But David Chase knows when he's doing. If he didn't think he'd do justice to the role he wouldn't have cast him.

He's not the only reason to want to see it either. Vera Farmiga was great in The Departed and I suspect she'll probably play Tony's mother. I'm not too familiar with the guy who's going to play Christopher's dad except that he was in that Nicholas Cage/John Travolta movie Face-Off, but I think that character is going to be central to the movie.

'Nator   

This will be good. Chase is a very good filmmaker. 

Can't have much Tony in it though if it is primarily set in the 60s. Tony was born in 1959. 

19 hours ago, 'Nator said:

This will be good. Chase is a very good filmmaker. 

Can't have much Tony in it though if it is primarily set in the 60s. Tony was born in 1959. 

I've read that it'll be set, or start out, in the late 60s during the time they were having race riots in Newark. That puts Tony at only about 8 or 9 years old. So either they still have casting work to do on the young Tony front or he won't actually show up in the movie until at least halfway or later.

I'm interested. I love the Sopranos. I lived in north Jersey for 9 years during my high school years. I delivered prescriptions for the local drug store and delivered to some mafia members houses in the town I lived in. One guy I delivered to turned up missing. Went to a "meeting" and never came home. They found his car about 60 miles away up in NY State. They never did find him. The guy had 4 or 5 german sheppards and dobermans that would run to the door when I delivered.

Yeah, I was pretty happy to hear this. Michael was on the Italy trip when his dad died and actually discovered his dad unconscious and called for help. Maybe this will be cathartic for him or something----or it might drive him over the edge to recreate Eugene Pontecorvo's final scene....

Btw, New Jersey is a shit hole and New York is annoying and fucking overrated.