Jeremiahs top 50 Big Board

headhunter

Jeremiah in his mock draft and draft board appears to be attempting to "get out ahead" of the mob on a lot of these prospects. I would suspect as we draw nearer to draft time, his board will end up looking similar to many others but with the "high risers" he's already projected now among them. Thus, he'll look better when everyone else is catching up on those select prospects.

I don't think Jacobs will be a top 10 pick, and the reason is simple. He never started. Alabama is a machine because it basically preps guys for the NFL and it does it by having elite competition at every position. Teams will love his skillset, but the question will remain why didn't he play over Najee and Damien Harris or Bo Scarborough  the year before. You can't bet a top 10 pick on that, but I think he will go in the 1st round. Alvin Kamara's success will help him.

4 minutes ago, titansfan said:

Jeremiah in his mock draft and draft board appears to be attempting to "get out ahead" of the mob on a lot of these prospects. I would suspect as we draw nearer to draft time, his board will end up looking similar to many others but with the "high risers" he's already projected now among them. Thus, he'll look better when everyone else is catching up on those select prospects.

I don't think Jacobs will be a top 10 pick, and the reason is simple. He never started. Alabama is a machine because it basically preps guys for the NFL and it does it by having elite competition at every position. Teams will love his skillset, but the question will remain why didn't he play over Najee and Damien Harris or Bo Scarborough  the year before. You can't bet a top 10 pick on that, but I think he will go in the 1st round. Alvin Kamara's success will help him.

Ronnie Brown didnt start and he went #2 overall and ahead of Cadillac Williams

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Ronnie Brown didnt start and he went #2 overall and ahead of Cadillac Williams

We're talking about a much different NFL then (2005), too, where the running back position was much more valued. Also Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams were much more of a duo/two headed monster than Jacobs ever was with his counterparts. Jacobs really only starting coming on in the 2nd half of the season. Ronnie Brown and Cadillac split touches pretty evenly and many surmised Brown was the better back in that 2004 season (especially when accounting for the NFL-- Brown was bigger and actually the better receiver). 

BTW, that 2004 Auburn team is easily one of the most underrated college football teams of all time. They were loaded with talent.

1 minute ago, titansfan said:

We're talking about a much different NFL then (2005), too, where the running back position was much more valued. Also Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams were much more of a duo/two headed monster than Jacobs ever was with his counterparts. Jacobs really only starting coming on in the 2nd half of the season. Ronnie Brown and Cadillac split touches pretty evenly and many surmised Brown was the better back in that 2004 season (especially when accounting for the NFL-- Brown was bigger and actually the better receiver). 

BTW, that 2004 Auburn team is easily one of the most underrated college football teams of all time. They were loaded with talent.

I agree Jacobs wont be a top ten pick as well. Definite first rounder though

I agree with Jeremiah on not having Greedy Williams ranked in the top 10. I was never that impressed with him, and watched many games where receivers burned him. I think he'll be a good CB, and will eventually become a very good safety.

53 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Not at 51, likely between 25-40

Yea, I agree.  One of the questions that JRob is going to have to figure out is whether a day 1 OG starter is going to be available at #51.  With a very short supply of IOL starters available this year, I can easily see a run between 19 and 51.

On the Draft Show today Dane Brugler absolutely smashed Dexter Lawrence said he simply doesn't have enough pass rushing juice to be worth a first round pick, currently had him ranked in the mid 40's.

Brugler also mentioned Jerry Tillery has massive character concerns and that scouts have serious concerns about whether he loves football, also to expect him to fall well into round 2 in April, basically the exact opposite of what JRob looks for.