Senior Bowl Week

AussieTitanFan08

13 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Not sure why people think this way.  The 1st round pick is ONE DANG GUY.  There is also a decent chance he isn't superman his first year either.  I say do the best we can in FA and take BPA, whatever position that is as our pick. 

I say that because I feel like your 1st round pick should be an instant impact player. If you have a need, and there is a player there that is an impact player, and he fills a need, you take him whether he is the BPA or not. If you don't, you likely end up filling your need with a lesser guy. Being able to take BPA in the 1st is a luxury for teams that have few needs. Therefore, the more needs you fill through FA, the better you do by going BPA.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching that video and I saw Vin Marino sitting in the bleachers with the Titans group. He's the contract/cap guy only.    Now why would Vin Marino be at the Senior Bowl?   Answer

13 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

4 of them wtf. Most of those guy arent going anywhere or are secondary players that we dont need. Darby isnt even that good why the fuck is he so high?

Just making a point that taking a TE or WR in the 1st is a luxury for a team with so many needs. We took Corey #5 two years ago, we have a pro bowl TE coming back from injury with several young TEs that showed promise in his absence. I just don't think the Titans are in a position to put draft resources in those positions unless their needs are met. I realize a lot of those guys will probably not be available.  It was my point.

Edited by BeedoeLaw

3 hours ago, BeedoeLaw said:

In order to make you guy's dream of taking a TE or WR with our #1 pick happen, we likely need 4 guys off of this list IMO.

Edge, G/C, DL, WR

I think that is somewhat doable of those in the top 50:

WR -Tyrell Williams, John Brown, Golden Tate or Cole Beasley

Edge - Preston Smith, ZaDarius Smith, Shaquil Barrett, Brandon Graham, or Anthony Barr (Would be a better fit as an OLB in a 3-4)

DL - Henry Anderson, Sheldon Richardson, or Muhammad Wilkerson

OL - Matt Paradis, Mitch Morse, or Roger Saffold

I would go with Williams, P. Smith, and Morse and then attack the draft with needs of a Slot WR/Inline TE/DL and some depth additions at DB, ILB, RB, and/or OL. Other than potentially OLB, I don't think any of those players are really going to break the bank.

Edited by titanskick8851

DyHW_MlXcAAccei?format=jpg&name=360x360

Leonard Little was on radio talking about his SB experience as a Ram.  Little graduated from UT, so I listened up.  He played in that SB.  On the last play, he said he heard them tell him to go in.  He said he's thinking WTF because he plays teams.  He ran around trying to find his helmet and went in.  He got stoned on the play. but says he saw the catch thinking Dyson was going to score.  Then he says Jones shot out of nowhere and made a miracle stop.  Brought back memories and hearing him tell it reminded me of just how close we came.  

Two years later, the underdog Patriots beat them in the SB.  Tom's first, the Pats ran the ball to control the clock.

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Is Metcalf the son or relative of former Brown Eric Metcalf?

Remember when he went to the Falcons when June Jones was the HC to play he slot in their run n shoot & had like a 105 catches his first year there? Good player.

1 hour ago, Face said:

Remember when he went to the Falcons when June Jones was the HC to play he slot in their run n shoot & had like a 105 catches his first year there? Good player.

Yes but I thought he was more dangerous with the Browns under Belichick, he ran the ball and caught passes out of the back field