Sign in to follow this  
Tex in a Can

Which coach most influenced Arthur Smith's offensive philosophy?

Which coach most influenced Arthur Smith's offensive philosophy?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach most influenced Arthur Smith's offensive philosophy?

• Mike Munchak
    • Ken Wisenhunt
    • Mike Mularkey
    • Mike Vrabel
    • Matt LaFleur
    • Terry Robiskie
    • Chris Palmer
    • Other

japan   

I just hope he wasn't seduced by the Mularkey trickeration that we all came to dread.  I don't want to see anymore statue of liberty plays or plays where Mariota fakes like he's fumbling the ball.

1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

It's almost impossible to know what his "system" and philosophy will be, but we should know it's coming from a guy who's intimately familiar with our current roster makeup and a guy who's seen what has worked and what hasn't. I hope he knocks it out of the park.

This will be the most telling thing. We really don't know what we have in a lot of these players besides Delanie, Lewan and I'd say possibly CD already. He will cater an offense around guys he's worked with daily for years, moreso than any coach we'd had under Mariota's tenure.

Number9   

Well, I guess since I'm a Titans fan first and foremost, I'll try to vision his experience with the team to be a huge success.  Over the years, he's seen what they can do and knows what they like.  His playbook should be the size of the Encyclopedia Britannica by now, so I hope he picks out the best ones.

25276740.gif

Stan17   
1 hour ago, Former_Fan said:

Only Smith knows what kind of system he is going to run, and even he might not be exactly sure at this point. Anything beyond this is speculation.

In order to get this promotion I'm sure that he had to show what he wants to do and how he would go about executing it.  No way JRob and co would be comfortable hiring him if he didn't have a good idea of what he was going to do with the players that we have.

Soxcat   

My goodness how hard is this?  He was picked over other candidates because he is going to run what Vrabel wants him to run.  More than likely that is something close to what LeFluer ran with some tweaks.  If they wanted some new epiphany of offensive genius they could have gone with someone else.  Not a guy with his background.  This has ALL the smell of a good coach, good guy, picked because he will do what Vrabel thinks needs to be done.

So, go back to the "I'm sure that he had to show what he wants to do and how he would go about executing it" part of the interview.  Vrabel and Jrob ask the question:  "if you were hired as the Titans OC what offense do you plan on running?"  Answer:  "Sir, whatever you want me to run".  Also add in "and we will execute that offense with precision, each player doing his assignment exactly as it is drown up". 

nine   
35 minutes ago, Stan17 said:

In order to get this promotion I'm sure that he had to show what he wants to do and how he would go about executing it.  No way JRob and co would be comfortable hiring him if he didn't have a good idea of what he was going to do with the players that we have.

Yep.  I can’t see JRob hiring a guy whose plan was “ehhhhhh...We’ll figure it out and come up with something”.

You can bet Arthur Smith came to the table with a very clear and concise vision of the offense he’ll be implementing and a blueprint for exactly how to go about doing it, including his plans for each player and position group. 

tgo   
8 minutes ago, Nash said:

Blocking schemes aside, are we going to be a run first , play action passing team?? I'd say yes to that question..

Yes.