Arthur Smith will be Titans Jerry Jones

SleepingTitan

13 hours ago, Opus74 said:

NFL does not allow corporations to own team.

Fred Smith is "all in" on Memphis which will never, never, ever, ever get an NFL team.

Doesn’t KSA industries own the Titans and each sibling has a certain % of the entire company?

15 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Doesn’t KSA industries own the Titans and each sibling has a certain % of the entire company?

Maybe KSA pays the money out?  I'm not sure how the actual ownership is structured.  I know the people who work there get a check from KSA.

Edited by japan

36 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

I think KSA is a holding company. Some others can shed light on that. I do know Susie is trying to get out. I think KSA owns a few things, including Susie's stake. Sale would include the entire holding co.

"For starters, Smith’s Titans stake is contained inside KSA Industries, which includes oil and energy businesses, a huge ranch, and five or six auto dealerships, sources said. A buyer would therefore have to be willing to take on a larger investment."

https://nypost.com/2017/11/08/nfl-issues-making-it-hard-for-owner-to-sell-tennessee-titans/

23 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I think KSA is a holding company. Some others can shed light on that. I do know Susie is trying to get out. I think KSA owns a few things, including Susie's stake. Sale would include the entire holding co.

"For starters, Smith’s Titans stake is contained inside KSA Industries, which includes oil and energy businesses, a huge ranch, and five or six auto dealerships, sources said. A buyer would therefore have to be willing to take on a larger investment."

https://nypost.com/2017/11/08/nfl-issues-making-it-hard-for-owner-to-sell-tennessee-titans/

Yeah maybe it is. I knew that Susie was trying to sell her stake in KSA and that included her 1/3 of the Titans. That’s how I knew that the company actually owned the team. 

On 1/21/2019 at 8:33 PM, Opus74 said:

NFL does not allow corporations to own team.

KSA Industries is the corporation that owns the Titans.  

12 hours ago, Supdawg said:

THat would be a tremendously stupid idea. They are building their own FedEx without the bloat. Wouldn't be surprised in 5-10 years that Amazon shipping is larger than FedEx 

LOL, don't know much about the transport industry, do you?