Sign in to follow this  
ChesterCopperpot1

Arthur Smith promoted to OC

15 minutes ago, japan said:

How?  By not filling in the fans?

There are optics to consider when teams are trying to separate fans from their hard earned money. 

I like Smith and think he is as well deserving of the job as any candidate available. 

The general consensus online seems to be either an awful decision to just meh though. 

Had they promoted him a day or two after LaFleur was hired by Green Bay, it would show confidence in his promotion by the Titans. 

Waiting until after the conference championship games to announce him just comes across as them not being 100% confident in him.

If anything I feel like waiting this long just puts that much more pressure on Smith to succeed as most people are already disappointed in his promotion, regardless how deserving he may be. 

My guess is they kept it tight lipped because they didn't want it to be made public they were either turned down or couldn't get who they really wanted and had to settle for Smith. 

Does this hire inspire fans to think we are really going for the gold?  Or is this more a Freddie Kitchens move?

Oh yeah, we love it.  Cleveland fans are excited about Kitchens.  I just wonder is this a major league move.  What conversation will the Titans be in next December?

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

What's interesting is Smith has worked under Lafleur , Mularkey and Whisenhunt.  A lot of concepts could be incorporated from all three offenses.

Just now, Tomachek said:

What's interesting is Smith has worked under Lafleur , Mularkey and Whisenhunt.  A lot of concepts could be incorporated from all three offenses.

And Loggains/Munchak. 

Just now, tgo said:

And Loggains/Munchak. 

You can throw Chris Palmer (I believe he was on staff in Palmers time)  in their also, I was only including ones Mariota was around for and would be familiar with.

Just now, Tomachek said:

You can throw Chris Palmer (I believe he was on staff in Palmers time)  in their also, I was only including ones Mariota was around for and would be familiar with.

Well I think Smith was on the defensive side when Palmer was OC.