Sign in to follow this  
ChesterCopperpot1

Arthur Smith promoted to OC

Jonboy   
4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Three outsiders were "considered." 

Lol. They didn't even interview anyone else. 

JRob: "Well, I looked up that one guy on Wikipedia. I asked Coach Belichick about another. And I left a VM with Sean McVay, but never heard back. Alright, we considered others. Arthur, you're hired!"

tgo   
Just now, Jonboy said:

Three outsiders were "considered." 

Lol. They didn't even interview anyone else. 

JRob: "Well, I looked up that one guy on Wikipedia. I asked Coach Belichick about another. And I left a VM with Sean McVay, but never heard back. Alright, we considered others. Arthur, you're hired!"

Lol pretty much. 

japan   
34 minutes ago, Former_Fan said:

Been down this road before. Convenient in house hires. The dude has never called an NFL play lol. Fully expecting to tank for a top QB prospect next year. I feel like the team is moving further from legitimacy in the AFC South, and the rest of the league. Absolutely not excited by this news, but hey it isn't Robiskie.

I assume someone later in this thread filled this guy in on Lafleur?

8 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Also, this article is worth a re-post now that he's the guy: 

Damn good article. Excellent info. I feel better about Arthur being the guy now.

Still... the Titans FO needs to work on their MO. Weird ass fuckers.

BudAdams   
6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Maybe since Mariota knows him he won't be afraid to tell him what plays he likes before mid season

Seriously.  Unbelievable that they had to pull teeth to get MM to provide honest feedback.  Passive off the field too.

OILERMAN   
1 minute ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Shit, that much alone is worth at least one pass TD per game and about 50 rushing YPG too.

It wasn't last year

OILERMAN   
3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Damn good article. Excellent info. I feel better about Arthur being the guy now.

I told someone that whoever it is the fans would eventually start talking themselves into it being a good hire no matter who it was

japan   
32 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Last year. Vrabel, Wilks, and LaFleur. 

I get what you’re saying though. 

Seems like JRob is decisive and knows what he wants.  He knew he wanted Vrabel from the beginning.  He brought in Lafleur to see if he would take the OC position.  And had to fulfill the Rooney Rule with the hot minority coach at the time.

The delay on this could be that he was going to take a long shot on someone he really wanted on the Saints or Chiefs, then went with Smith who they were really high on.  Nothing about this seems like it was handled poorly.  Other than not keeping the fans in the loop.

Just now, OILERMAN said:

I told someone that whoever it is the fans would eventually start talking themselves into it being a good hire no matter who it was

Blame Justin Graver. He talked me into it.

Yeah, it's kind of annoying we had to wait a few weeks with no real news, but it's not that big of a deal. 

The worst part is waiting until September before we can even begin to evaluate the decision.