Sign in to follow this  
Jamalisms

Wild article on Wentz

This article details his ego and unrest in the Eagles lockerroom. It's pretty wild, bordering on salacious. I have a hard time believing it isn't significantly exaggerated, but it's a pretty interesting read:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-wentz-exclusive-sources-paint-eagles-quarterback-as-selfish-not-team-player/

big2033   

Yeah weird article.

I mean I guess it's possible a rift could form regardless of what Foles or Wentz do. Some players might play better with one QB versus the other etc.

OILERMAN   

It's very common for players to be jealous of the starting QB, look at some of the Seahawks hating on Wilson over the years. QBs get the love and money. 

big2033   
29 minutes ago, Hooty_McBoob said:

Offer three first rounders. If they bite, trot him out at the draft to announce the second round pick. 

The only reason the Eagles make this move is because they already won a SB so ... whatevs.

But Nick Foles seems to be at his best in spot duty or one-and-done games.

I still worry about opponents who have studied him exclusively.

I can also see how it weird it is to have a QB win your first SB then ship him away.

Edited by big2033

Hard to take shit like this seriously without proof. "Anonymous sources" could literally mean a player's aunt's cousin's sister's ex-boyfriend's former roommate's co-worker down at the local Dunkin Donuts feeding a quarter truth to an acquaintance's father's brother's live-in fuck buddy, who gave the writer of this article a blowie if they promised to mention them by name.

2 minutes ago, BaddKarma said:

Philly media trying to run Wentz out of town to justify keeping Foles.

It was pretty brutal. They’d interview these slobs on the local news and most of them wanted Foles to start from day 1 of the season.  Wentz goes down, the media questioned if Wentz was injury prone, Foles beats the Rams and Texans, then the Saint Nick stuff started. I doubt he’s a diva, but I’m sure it was tough to stomach them chucking him to the curb and annointing the backup as the savior.