TENNESSEE BB

Number9

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Once the new rankings come out on Monday, the 23-1 Cougars will finally be in the top 10 after beating Cincinnati.

Good teams don't foul with 0.6 seconds left, the game tied and the ball at the far end of the court.  TN.  isn't playing well.

On 1/19/2019 at 6:03 PM, Number9 said:

Tennessee.  Might get cheated out because Tennessee #1 in NCAA Men's Basketball don't sound right.  

Speaking of getting cheated, the Houston Cougars are cruising at 18-1 yet somehow they're only ranked #17 in the nation. 

3 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Speaking of getting cheated, the Houston Cougars are cruising at 18-1 yet somehow they're only ranked #17 in the nation. 

Know that feeling all too well.  I think last year and the strong pre-conference schedule helped TN a lot giving them national exposure.  They should have beat Kansas and a few days later they beat the Zags.  They won't be up there long, Alabama  had them on the ropes in Knoxville.  Ala has Avery Johnson coaching there and their main focus is football.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2019 at 6:14 PM, freakingeek said:

They're looking tough and Barnes has them believing they can beat anybody. Dangerous team.

True that.  I said it before last night's game, I really think I may be right now.  I don't think they can beat Duke.  I hate to say it.  Then again, what's up with Louisville giving up that kind of lead, AT HOME.

3 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

If the Vols can win in Kentucky on Saturday that might give Houston a chance to move up to #8 after the Wildcats already lost to LSU.

Is this the same Houston that had Elvin Hayes, who just about single-handedly put a loss of the greatest team of all time.  The UCLA Bruins led by Lew Alcindor, who the NCAA outlawed the dunk in hopes stoping his domination.  I was rooting for UCLA, but I haven't ever seen a performance like that in any game.  Hayes was amazing.  He was rebounding and hitting today's 3-pointers, one man show.  Now I recall, that was the first game Alcindor played after his eye injury.  I doubt even as great as Hayes performance was, it was the injury that made the difference.

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Outside of one game Nevadas schedule has been tougher overall.

So the Mountain West is a tougher conference than the AAC, really?

Houston's one loss was to Temple (19-7) by 4 points. Nevada's one loss was to New Mexico (11-14) by 27 points. No way is Nevada the better team.