Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tgo

Mock Draft Tour

I really hope we add alot of talent on offense. Its been an eye sore the past couple of years. Our defense will keep us in games but we need to start scoring points. 

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

I really hope we add alot of talent on offense. Its been an eye sore the past couple of years. Our defense will keep us in games but we need to start scoring points. 

Definitely torn as we go into the draft. There are going to be some great defensive players available that could be starters for us in Round 1 and 2. The only thing being that we do not know how free agency is going to go yet. You would have to think they add at least one WR through the draft and free agency, but we will see if they would pull the trigger on a WR/TE in the 1st Round.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

The worst part of these is you can really tell which sites literally have no clue.

Nate Davis, USA Today: Devin White, LB, LSU - I mean I would be stoked because he is a top 5-10 talent, but with Brown, Evans, and Woodyard I think we are set at LB

Drafttek.com: Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia - Who??? We are likely to re-sign Vacarro or go with Cyprien so I doubt this would be an option

Jason McIntyre, TheBigLead.com: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington - Sunk huge amounts of money and draft capital into this position. No way we go CB in the 1st.

I don’t know why anyone wouldn’t load up on offense in today’s NFL. KC can have a bottom tier defense and still make the AFC championship. We can’t score. That’s the first problem to fix. I’d worry about the defense later. 

tgo   
21 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Montez Sweat if I had to guess. Noah Fant or a DL that falls not out of the question.

Noah Fan can't block. 

We don't need to up our number of tight ends that aren't inline blockers to 4. 

30 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Montez Sweat if I had to guess. Noah Fant or a DL that falls not out of the question.

Thats the laziest guess 

18 minutes ago, tgo said:

Noah Fan can't block. 

We don't need to up our number of tight ends that aren't inline blockers to 4. 

10 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Thats the laziest guess 

I'm not advocating either. I'm going off Jrob's track record. He sees a weakness and tackles it. Bfd last year? Delanie. Oline. Dropped passes. Lack of pass rush. (In that order--what I believe cost us games.)

Sweat has the numbers, work ethic, and fits the mold. Fant would be another Delanie--but better--he can be taught to block. I expect Jrob to draft a raw G that mauls and can be coached up by the experienced Oline that we have and bring in a guy who can plug but won't be overly expensive. That means no G 1 or 2 at least. 

We need interior Dline the most imo. They've been pedestrian plus our best lineman got hurt. But the problem is that we may not find one at the right value at 19. If one drops (like Dexter Lawrence) I can see that. I could also see Dremont Jones, Simmons or Ed Olivar at 19 but will they be there? Doubtful. I don't wanna drop picks to move up 5 spots to get one of them either. 

My guess wasn't lazy. It's the most logical pick. Both guys mocked between 15-22 in a ton of drafts and they fit a need, match the Jrob mold.