Senator Kirsten Gillibrand

9 Nines

4 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

She will face a ton of pushback from within the party for forcing Al Franken to resign without getting the ethics committee hearing he wanted

Really not a fan of Gillibrand and I think she'll get chewed up and spit back out. 

In terms of female candidates - Harris, Warren, Klobuchar are better. 

• 2 months later...

She is having town hall tonight with Chris Hayes. She has some good ideas and makes great impression on TV. Wasn't sure I would like her but she is relatable, has energy and speaks well.

Will follow her more closely

On 1/15/2019 at 2:04 PM, Legaltitan said:

She has a pretty nice persona on TV, but otherwise don't see a lot here to separate her from the pack. And personally would not be my choice. Let's see what happens.

That's been my take. She tried hard to capitalize on the "Me too" movement and it came across as opportunistic rather than genuine passion.   She would need to do something to make herself distinctive.    

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

Her campaign is dead in the water. No one wants milquetoast centrists. 

Then be prepared for 4 more years of trump because the GOP is ramping up the economy talking points. Its a bad sign for Dems that 7 in 10 Americans like where the economy is going. 

1 hour ago, Pragidealist said:

That's been my take. She tried hard to capitalize on the "Me too" movement and it came across as opportunistic rather than genuine passion.   She would need to do something to make herself distinctive.    

One of the big signs of a contender is being able to solidify support from your local base and that includes your colleagues in congress. She's having trouble garnering support at that level which doesn't bode well for her long term goals. I think she's one of the first to bow out.

16 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Then be prepared for 4 more years of trump because the GOP is ramping up the economy talking points. Its a bad sign for Dems that 7 in 10 Americans like where the economy is going. 

If the economy stays strong the odds will heavily favor a second term for Trump, no matter who the Democrats run.

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

Is Gillibrand somehow going to be impervious to those talking points? The way I see it, it's a bad sign for Trump that despite 70% of the country liking the economy, only about 41.5% approve of his overall job performance. The economy is literally all he has and it wasn't enough to save the republicans in the mid-terms. I'm tired of running scared of republican talking points. We have a message of our own to worry about. 

14 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

Is Gillibrand somehow going to be impervious to those talking points? The way I see it, it's a bad sign for Trump that despite 70% of the country liking the economy, only about 41.5% approve of his overall job performance. The economy is literally all he has and it wasn't enough to save the republicans in the mid-terms. I'm tired of running scared of republican talking points. We have a message of our own to worry about. 

Trump has a record to run against this time. Last time he made a bunch of promises, but now he has to run on what he has done.

4 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Trump has a record to run against this time. Last time he made a bunch of promises, but now he has to run on what he has done.

Exactly, the problem with Trump's strategy is it only works one time then it's exposed. 

Sure 30% of the country is retarded and will vote for him no matter what but there are a ton of people who won't vote at all or will vote democrat. There are a lot of people embarrassed they voted for Trump. 

Archived