Players Titans Met with at East/West/Shrine Game

AussieTitanFan08

1 minute ago, Huston said:

I'm guessing the closer we get to the draft the more outside pass rusher will be the focus of our first round pick, its looking like they can find a interior pass rusher in the second or third this year.

Hell even later. There are some good players to be had in the 4th or 5th Round at DL. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If he can handle cremation, sign him up!  ?  That's one tough bastard.

Important to keep a track of guys we are meeting at these all star games, in his first 3 Drafts 10 of JRob's 23 picks were at either the East/West Shrine Game or at the Senior Bowl.   Tennes

6'7 315lbs, apparently he was one of the standouts of the first day of practice today.    

3 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Wow, so we can let all the guys who are better go to other teams but still get a guy in the 5th round for our team.  So we maybe get Austin Johnson in the 4th (was a 2nd round pick) and that makes us happy? 

Not what I was saying. I was speaking to the depth of the draft at Interior DL. You almost knocked your own point. We spent a high pick on Anthony Johnson who hasn’t done much. So going by what your saying even spending a 2nd Round pick on a player doesn’t guarantee them being good. It all depends on who we add in free agency and who presents the best value at a position of need. 

Pretty clear ear that OLB, WR, Interior OL will likely be the three biggest needs. I think getting another interior pass rusher is important but as some have mentioned Pees may not value a penetrating DT over a edge rusher in the 1st. Hell in my first mock I had them taking DT Dre’mont Jones with their 1st Rounder. If someone blows them away they definitely can, but if you go by Jrobs history of drafting need first and what he said about the DL after the season you get the point in that with a draft that is loaded with DL, they may wait until they fill other needs.

Anyone watch the game? WR Terry Godwin really impressed me. They say the games do not mean much and that the practices are where the big moves are made by each player, but you have to love what Godwin showed. He had a really good week of practice and is likely to be drafted in the middle rounds now. 

He was kind of the forgotten man at WR this year for Georgia. He could end up being a better pro than he was in college.

1 hour ago, titanskick8851 said:

Anyone watch the game?

Just finished watching the game, two defensive guys I thought played well were Oklahoma St Edge Jordan Brailford and Kansas DT Daniel Wise.

I really think Daniel Wise is a guy to watch with our 3rd or 4th round pick, a DT that has shown he can be disruptive, he is also one of the guys we met with this week.

9 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Just finished watching the game, two defensive guys I thought played well were Oklahoma St Edge Jordan Brailford and Kansas DT Daniel Wise.

I really think Daniel Wise is a guy to watch with our 3rd or 4th round pick, a DT that has shown he can be disruptive, he is also one of the guys we met with this week.

I see a 5th or 6th rounder to be honest.

I thought Brett Rypien threw a really nice ball, would make a nice developmental QB late.  His biggest knock is arm strength, but he makes up for it with accuarcy at all three levels.

Edited by Tomachek

I liked Rypien, the GA wide receiver, the OSU defensive end, the Kansas or the A&M defensive tackles, the Pitt RB and maybe even the kicker from Utah.

The announcers said that there were 14 GMs at the game; why only 14? 

Edited by charleytolar