Biden

Pragidealist

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesn’t matter. The fact that he supports Trump now is even more embarrassing...

Roll tide is right. Innocent or not, Biden is too handsy for the post me too world. That shit isn't acceptable anymore. 

No one voted for Trump. They all voted for Gary. It was a clerical mistake that put Trump in office instead 

5 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

Roll tide is right. Innocent or not, Biden is too handsy for the post me too world. That shit isn't acceptable anymore. 

Been saying this for months. Dems cannot nominate Biden. I’m warming up more to Beto. He’s going to have to run more as a moderate to have a shot. If he tries to run on a purely progressive platform, he will lose. 

45 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Been saying this for months. Dems cannot nominate Biden. I’m warming up more to Beto. He’s going to have to run more as a moderate to have a shot. If he tries to run on a purely progressive platform, he will lose. 

Like I said beto drew fire for being too progressive in the senate election, and the Bernie bros are saying he's too moderate. Tells me he's probably where he needs to be. 

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

Like I said beto drew fire for being too progressive in the senate election, and the Bernie bros are saying he's too moderate. Tells me he's probably where he needs to be. 

He reminds me of Obama. Good speaker, charismatic and flexible enough from a policy perspective to be what he needs to be either progressive or moderate. 

He has the same weaknesses too that led me not supporting him he first time around. No real experience or background to say he’d be a good president. 

I could vote for him but there’s not anything about him to excite me as a candidate. 

I like accomplishments in candidates but I’m not sure we’re going to get many candidates with those. 

2 hours ago, Pragidealist said:

He reminds me of Obama. Good speaker, charismatic and flexible enough from a policy perspective to be what he needs to be either progressive or moderate. 

He has the same weaknesses too that led me not supporting him he first time around. No real experience or background to say he’d be a good president. 

I could vote for him but there’s not anything about him to excite me as a candidate. 

I like accomplishments in candidates but I’m not sure we’re going to get many candidates with those. 

Obama had something Beto can’t replicate. Obama came out in public opposition to Iraq before the invasion. That was what won him the nomination over Hillary in the end. 

He also campaigned on openly negotiating with our foes (Iraq, Cuba, NK), and after being attacked for it by everyone else he ended up being on the right side of the debate. 

Obama didnt have as much experience but he had pretty good instincts on what was the right call. And largely that persisted over 8 years.

This time around, I think no one really is going to have tons of experience on the national level other than Biden and maybe some lesser known candidates. 

35 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Obama had something Beto can’t replicate. Obama came out in public opposition to Iraq before the invasion. That was what won him the nomination over Hillary in the end. 

He also campaigned on openly negotiating with our foes (Iraq, Cuba, NK), and after being attacked for it by everyone else he ended up being on the right side of the debate. 

Obama didnt have as much experience but he had pretty good instincts on what was the right call. And largely that persisted over 8 years.

This time around, I think no one really is going to have tons of experience on the national level other than Biden and maybe some lesser known candidates. 

That may all be true but mostly he was the most charismatic and that’s normally what wins. 

15 hours ago, Starkiller said:

It’s more true in the general election than the primaries. 

Sure but then the opposition to the Iraq war allowed him to out flank Hillary, the presumed nominee. This year there is no presumed nominee and therefore no need for a big issue like Iraq to overcome the presumptive nominee. 

18 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Sure but then the opposition to the Iraq war allowed him to out flank Hillary, the presumed nominee. This year there is no presumed nominee and therefore no need for a big issue like Iraq to overcome the presumptive nominee. 

The perfect example is 2016, where Hillary was again the presumed nominee, but there was no big Iraq-type issue to upend her. Bernie was the charismatic candidate but still was never really close to winning.

As you said, there is no presumed nominee this time around so it doesn’t matter. But there is also no big issue likely to divide the candidates. It’s going to be more like the 2004 nomination where the central issue was Dubya and pretty much all the candidates were in the same boat. And in the end, the winner was John Kerry even though the most charismatic guy of the bunch was John Edwards.

I hope the Democrats don't roll with Biden.  Not that I don't think he could be the guy, but the repugnants have already started a preemptive strike over his hands and leers.