Sign in to follow this  
begooode

FBI launched an inquiry into whether Trump was working for Russia

ctm   

When President Donald Trump hosted Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in the Oval Office on Wednesday just hours after firing the FBI director who was overseeing an investigation into whether Trump’s team colluded with the Russians, he was breaking with recent precedent at the specific request of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The chummy White House visit—photos of the president yukking it up with Lavrov and Russian Ambassador to the United States Sergey Kislyak were released by the Russian Foreign Ministry since no U.S. press was allowed to cover the visit—had been one of Putin’s asks in his recent phone call with Trump, and indeed the White House acknowledged this to me later Wednesday. “He chose to receive him because Putin asked him to,” a White House spokesman said of Trump’s Lavrov meeting. “Putin did specifically ask on the call when they last talked.”

The images of Trump putting his arm genially on Lavrov’s back—and a later White House official readout of the meeting that said Trump “emphasized his desire to build a better relationship between the United States and Russia”—couldn’t have come at a more fraught political moment for Trump, amid a barrage of bipartisan criticism of his firing of FBI Director James Comey.

On Wednesday morning before meeting with Trump, Lavrov even cracked a joke about his hosts’ political predicament, laughingly claiming not to have heard of the Comey firing while standing alongside Trump’s secretary of state, Rex Tillerson.

In other words, Lavrov was right where he has always wanted to be Wednesday: mocking the United States while being welcomed in the Oval Office by the president himself.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/05/10/james-comey-firing-trump-lavrov-putin-215124

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Trump is going bat shit crazy on twitter this morning after the story broke. 

Just laughable this buffoon is actually the president 

Holy shit. I just read through it. He’s a raving lunatic. We already knew this but it’s crazy to see it play out in real time. 

MadMax   
7 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

Has Ben shown up here? 

He's anxiously awaiting the latest scrambled transmission.  He doesn't want another Siberian vaca.

Bink   
10 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I saw the same thing. Also one of the last things Obama did was to sign an executive order making it easier for these investigations. 

They knew what Trump was up to and involved with. 

Obama made a mistake not going public this all of this before the election. The American people should have known

Why would the people that elected Trump believe the Kenyan Muslim over the reality TV star that Make Racism Great Again? 

OILERMAN   
12 hours ago, Bink said:

Why would the people that elected Trump believe the Kenyan Muslim over the reality TV star that Make Racism Great Again? 

Because that's small fraction of overall people. Trump got a lot of independants and Obama voters. 

OILERMAN   

Trump has concealed details of his face-to-face encounters with Putin from senior officials in administration

President Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to conceal details of his conversations with Russian President Vladimir Putin, including on at least one occasion taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials, current and former U.S. officials said.

OILERMAN   
Just now, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

My mother. 

Why do you think/know she supports Trump? Is she really old?

3 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

I think never trumpers should be allowed 1 free punch to trump supporters. First person I’d punch? My mother. 

My liberal aunt in OH who hated Hillary and voted for Trump. 

OILERMAN   
14 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

She told me. 

I mean what's her motivation? She wants a wall etc...?

4 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I mean what's her motivation? She wants a wall etc...?

My dad also voted for Trump, though he no longer supports him and his support was more because he didn’t like Hillary (hated the Benghazi and e-mail shit). My dad voted for Phil last year is that tells you anything. 

My mom has not given any substantive reason. She just goes on random tirades about softness and political correctness.