Sign in to follow this  
begooode

FBI launched an inquiry into whether Trump was working for Russia

9 Nines   

Here is any interesting tweet by President Trump.  It is interesting because of the time stamp.  It was posted at 7:00am Eastern.   Do you really think he just learned of this?

"Wow, just learned in the Failing New York Times that the corrupt former leaders of the FBI, almost all fired or forced to leave the agency for some very bad reasons, opened up an investigation on me, for no reason & with no proof, after I fired Lyin’ James Comey, a total sleaze!"

OILERMAN   
2 minutes ago, ctm said:

I've heard numerous legal experts say that the legal bar to open up a counter-intelligence investigation of the POTUS is extremely high....as high as it gets.  It's unlikely that this happened just because of Comey's firing and the letter.  There's more that the public doesn't know about.  Probably electronic intercepts between the Russians talking about it.

I saw the same thing. Also one of the last things Obama did was to sign an executive order making it easier for these investigations. 

They knew what Trump was up to and involved with. 

Obama made a mistake not going public this all of this before the election. The American people should have known

9 Nines   
11 minutes ago, ctm said:

I've heard numerous legal experts say that the legal bar to open up a counter-intelligence investigation of the POTUS is extremely high....as high as it gets.  It's unlikely that this happened just because of Comey's firing and the letter.  There's more that the public doesn't know about.  Probably electronic intercepts between the Russians talking about it.

I assume it was at minimum a career ending risk and could be criminal - if unwarranted, one could construe the investigation as trying to topple the federal government.  If the President were innocent and competent, he should have taken this as an act against him/USA and dealt with it accordingly.  That is assuming that he knew about it.  If he did not know about it, then that speaks a lot because the FBI and Justice Department hid it from him. 

I do not think they could hide this investigation if there were no evidence - most would not go along with an unwarranted investigation and someone would have leaked right after it started.

Therefore....................................

Edited by 9 Nines

9 Nines   

Also, think of the first person/team who/that proposed the investigation.  There had to be a ton of evidence or that person/team would have been instantly fired for seriously proposing this and again, possibly faced criminal charges.  Instead, that person/team likely had factors more evidence than an investigation would typically need. 

And that would be the situation in normal times.  This investigation started after the FBI was severely criticized for its handling of related investigations.  Therefore the bar of evidence to start the investigation was likely sky high. 

Edited by 9 Nines

ctm   
17 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

I saw the same thing. Also one of the last things Obama did was to sign an executive order making it easier for these investigations. 

They knew what Trump was up to and involved with. 

Obama made a mistake not going public this all of this before the election. The American people should have known

You could argue that the best thing Obama ever did was tell Trump not to hire Flynn.  Of course Trump did just the opposite and Obama probably knew that would be the result of his suggestion.  Regardless,  it's either supreme genius on Obama's part or the greatest irony in history.

Yeah the FBI was in an impossible situation. We see that bearing out now. If Trump had known early on what they were doing he might have nipped this all in the bud and killed the whole thing. You forgot we were on a razors edge at one point as to whether the investigation would even go forward. 

Justafan   
9 hours ago, Btowner said:

Two soldiers walked into a bar to lament Trump lying to them about the 10% pay raise. They read your post and said to tell you.....cry about it!

Not only did he lie about a 10% pay raise, but he also failed to mention that they just reduced BAH across the entire country which outweighs the 2.6% actual pay increase that we got.  So really, Soldiers have taken a pay cut.  Also, deployments, while bad, offered an immense amount of additional income for Soldiers and that is now mostly gone. 

Now, I make plenty.  Far more than I'm probably worth to the federal government and to the taxpayer... but don't friggin' lie to my face about what you're doing for me.

reo   
2 hours ago, Justafan said:

There are going to be some great movies made about this whole fiasco one day.  People of future generations are going to be like "What in the world was going on?".

Hopefully some helpful studies into the human psyche too.