FBI launched an inquiry into whether Trump was working for Russia

begooode

2 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

I don't think we can say anything with such certainty anymore.

I agree it has become much more difficult for him to pardon Manafort, but never underestimate Trump's willingness to do the unthinkable, and for the Republicans in Congress to just shrug their shoulders.

This will eventually become politically toxic though

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For everyone clutching their pearls over the suggestion that Trump could be a Russian asset. How would a Russian intelligence asset who was elected President act any differently than Trump? Let's look

I've heard numerous legal experts say that the legal bar to open up a counter-intelligence investigation of the POTUS is extremely high....as high as it gets.  It's unlikely that this happened just be

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

I don't disagree. All I am saying is we have been waiting for years for Trump to do things that make him politically toxic.

Maybe not toxic, but the latest polls aren't good for him.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/17/685539207/poll-trump-approval-down-slips-with-base?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

Oh I agree he is sinking. All I'm saying is I don't put anything, including pardoning Manafot, past him. And I don't put anything, including defending his pardoning Manafort, past the cowardly Republicans in the House and Senate. There will no doubt be much "concern," and maybe even "grave concern," and knitted eyebrows, but until someone proves to me otherwise, I don't expect the Republicans to do one fucking thing to reign in this President.

7 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Oh I agree he is sinking. All I'm saying is I don't put anything, including pardoning Manafot, past him. And I don't put anything, including defending his pardoning Manafort, past the cowardly Republicans in the House and Senate. There will no doubt be much "concern," and maybe even "grave concern," and knitted eyebrows, but until someone proves to me otherwise, I don't expect the Republicans to do one fucking thing to reign in this President.

At this point in time I don't disagree.  But the final decision will be made under different conditions than today.  The Mueller report will be out.  Who knows what else?  Nixon was in good shape until the day that the tapes came out and then his senate support collapsed in just a few days.

16 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

I don't disagree. All I am saying is we have been waiting for years for Trump to do things that make him politically toxic.

If the electorate, blissfully and willfully ensconced in their echo-chamber, doesn't hold him accountable how can political toxicity be objectively assessed anymore.  Tribal based jury nullification is a real thing.  We are seeing it play out in the electorate, too, I'd argue partially because the 'conservative' pundit elites relish the power of driving the GOP agenda more so than their elected officials.

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

They don’t even like Trump but need his supporters, if he loses the base he loses the Republicans 

49 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

They don’t even like Trump but need his supporters, if he loses the base he loses the Republicans 

Exactly. I'm not holding my breath.

Honestly, the biggest factor to his losing his base is not the Mueller report, it's the continued incompetence. The biggest problem for Trump with the Shutdown is not that the government is shutdown (although that is causing plenty of problems), it's that it is exposing him for being weak, incompetent and ineffective. So if the economy starts to tank and Trump can't fulfill his basic responsibility which is to have a functioning government, the base will turn on him. They voted for him because they thought he would get shit done, or at least were willing to hope and throw a hail mary. The guy is exposing himself as an incompetent boob. His biggest accomplishment was the tax bill which did nothing for his base.

50 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

Exactly. I'm not holding my breath.

Honestly, the biggest factor to his losing his base is not the Mueller report, it's the continued incompetence. The biggest problem for Trump with the Shutdown is not that the government is shutdown (although that is causing plenty of problems), it's that it is exposing him for being weak, incompetent and ineffective. So if the economy starts to tank and Trump can't fulfill his basic responsibility which is to have a functioning government, the base will turn on him. They voted for him because they thought he would get shit done, or at least were willing to hope and throw a hail mary. The guy is exposing himself as an incompetent boob. His biggest accomplishment was the tax bill which did nothing for his base.

The hardcore base will never turn on him, but the Fox News types who believed he was the amazing deal maker may.