Sign in to follow this  
Starkiller

Tulsi Gabbard says she will run for president

She’s one I’ve been interested in. Fairly young man though. I’m interested in learning more of her platform and general positions. It’s going to be an interesting primary for sure. 

OILERMAN   
12 hours ago, chef said:

Not sure why she is running other than fund raising

That got the last guy elected!

On 1/11/2019 at 7:01 PM, Starkiller said:

Another Kenyan Hawaiian is running for President. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/01/11/politics/tulsi-gabbard-van-jones/index.html

I don’t know enough about her to have an opinion, but as I said it’s going to be a crowded field for the Democratic nomination.

I'm thinking about running too. I'll post the "go fund me" link when its up and running.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/29/tulsi-gabbard-2020-election-1134055

Tulsi Gabbard’s presidential campaign hasn’t officially launched yet but it’s already melting down.

Two-and-a-half weeks after the Hawaii Democrat told CNN she had decided to run for the White House—an announcement that even her own staff didn't know was coming, after weeks of debating the timing of the rollout—the 37-year-old congresswoman has struggled to contain the chaos.

Campaign manager Rania Batrice and Gabbard’s consulting firm Revolution Messaging are set to depart after this weekend’s official kickoff in Hawaii, two sources familiar with the situation told POLITICO. Gabbard is leaning on her sister, Vrindavan, to fill the void.

Meanwhile, the congresswoman is under fire back home after picking a fight with Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), and a prominent Democratic state lawmaker is already challenging Gabbard in next year’s congressional primary. That means she faces the possibility of losing the presidential race and her House seat as well.

chef   
11 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/29/tulsi-gabbard-2020-election-1134055

Tulsi Gabbard’s presidential campaign hasn’t officially launched yet but it’s already melting down.

Two-and-a-half weeks after the Hawaii Democrat told CNN she had decided to run for the White House—an announcement that even her own staff didn't know was coming, after weeks of debating the timing of the rollout—the 37-year-old congresswoman has struggled to contain the chaos.

Campaign manager Rania Batrice and Gabbard’s consulting firm Revolution Messaging are set to depart after this weekend’s official kickoff in Hawaii, two sources familiar with the situation told POLITICO. Gabbard is leaning on her sister, Vrindavan, to fill the void.

Meanwhile, the congresswoman is under fire back home after picking a fight with Sen. Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii), and a prominent Democratic state lawmaker is already challenging Gabbard in next year’s congressional primary. That means she faces the possibility of losing the presidential race and her House seat as well.

Not a shocker there based on what I know locally.

And forget Hirono (and Hanabusa too), just part of Hawaii's equivalent of the Good Ol Boy system, Japanese style.  Inoyue was pretty solid, but still ended up being part of the incestual problem. 

Don't love Schatz but he's alright.  Definitely outside that loop, one that fought actively against him. (Inoyue pushed for Hanabusa to take his seat, but Gov. nominated Schatz, his Lt Gov. In the debates, was just painful to listen to Hanabusa, not sure I'd elect her home room mom.)

Just give me someone who thought maybe they could do better than University of Hawaii-Manoa.  Or Hawaii Pacific University for Gabbard - look at Nashville's Mayors: Vanderbilt, Columbia, Georgetown, Harvard... meanwhile Hawaii's top elected offices get the equivalent of Vol State.

Hawaii is sad equivalent of extreme right wing states where people vote without thought.  Similar here too on things like the anti-GMO bill that passed in Maui. Incredibly uneducated on the subject, but sounded like something they should support, so they did.  Their hearts are in the right place, but their brains don't bother to do the work as long as it "feels' right.  Hawaiian Truthiness.