titanskick8851

Titanskick 8851 Mock Off-Season V. 1.0

4 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

It addresses our problem. Pass rush. 

I like it. 

I too would take someone over Jones in 1. Zach Allen is a great fit. Raekwon Davis, Jeffrey Simmons, etc

Zach Allen could be an option. Simmons has a bit of a checkered past that I think we will avoid.

Kind of hoping JRob accumulates a few extra picks this year by trading back somewhere on the first two days of the draft, from a roster building standpoint only having 4 picks in 2018 and currently only 6 in 2019 is not ideal.

If you told me right now we could trade down in round 1 pick up an extra 3rd round pick and get Jaylon Ferguson in the first round I would sign up for that right now.

Im not understanding this shit you guys have with the oline. They were switching blocking schemes which is a big transition plus conklins issues with his injury and trying to get used to the new scheme but they finished out the season playing pretty good. I really dont think jrob is gonna spend alot of picks or money on upgrading them.

ctm   
51 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Im not understanding this shit you guys have with the oline. They were switching blocking schemes which is a big transition plus conklins issues with his injury and trying to get used to the new scheme but they finished out the season playing pretty good. I really dont think jrob is gonna spend alot of picks or money on upgrading them.

Spain is a free agent and the overall pass blocking was poor.

16 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Very well thought out, for sure. Can tell you really thought it out and I like the formatting. 

I’d like to see them do more on the interior of the OL, but yours is probably more realistic. Not sure I’d feel comfortable with a 3rd rounder starting right away. Also not sure I see them spending that much on FA considering Mariota’s cap number this year. 

Overall though, really well done. You hit our needs and I appreciate the aggressiveness on getting pass rushers. 

Yeah with what Jrob stated about the returning guys on the OL, I think that 4 of the 5 will stay the same (with hopefully Jones/Kline on a short leash) if they struggle early next year. Kelly has proven he could move into the lineup and I think there is a good chance that Pamphile is likely re-signed as well. Jones seemed to play better at the end of the year, but if he struggles the rookie (whomever is drafted) will have a chance to take that spot. I also wouldn't be surprised if they move Jones over to Guard as he may be pretty good at Pulling around. 

Regarding spending, that is why I limited to only two larger signings and one mid-level signing. I think Byard likely gets an extension this year as well.

17 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

like the work but idk how id feel going into next season with just mariota and gabbert as our qbs.

At this point I think we all know it is a sink or swim year for Mariota. If he doesn't play well or gets injured again we will go into the 2020 NFL Draft targeting Tua, Fromm, Herbert, or Eason. Having a great back-up really doesn't help the organization and if you really think about it, Gabbert is what he is, but we could be worse off. The only teams that really have a better situation were the Eagles, Colts, 49ers (didn't help in the win column), and Bears.

12 hours ago, No1TitansFan said:

Rashan Gary if he's there at 19.

For those saying Jones is too small, Gary is 6'5" and 282 lbs. Robinson has seemed to value production over potential. Gary looked like he was peaking in his sophmore year, but he didn't have a great year (atleast statistically speaking). I haven't watched a ton of tape on him though and there is a potential that he was getting double teamed a lot.

image.png.1b2d98fa9e6472a4a4367fb33718d69f.png

11 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Really like a lot of the guys you have mentioned here just think it might be a bit optimistic where you have them falling in the draft.

Possibly, I think a lot depends on how Isabella does at the Senior Bowl/Combine and how Henderson runs as well. Henderson is the one who could probably jump up the most. I think Denis may drop because of his down Senior year and he is a bit undersized to be a safety in the league. I look at him as a guy who could fill that Ryan/Fuller role in the nickle for us down the road.

9 hours ago, MariGOATa said:

If the only move we take to address the OLine is taking one player in the third round, I will personally begin to write the eulogy for Mariota’s football career and JRob’s stint with the Titans.

I think it is just the most realistic approach for the upcoming season. From what we saw from the coaching staff in the season, they seemed to target Spain as the one who was struggling most (although we can all agree it was Kline). I think they wait a year and get out of Jones (expires)/Kline (Save $5.75M) contracts in the 2020 off-season if they both continue to struggle. 

When you factor in the addition of a prominent rookie (Draft in rounds 1-3), the return of a healthy Conklin, and potentially the return of Pamphile, I think there is depth there and players who can be successful. Just depends if we get the 2016 versions of Jones/Kline and/or a rookie/Kelly are inserted in the starting lineup.