titanskick8851

Titanskick 8851 Mock Off-Season V. 1.0

We talking about our need for a # 2 receiver tyrell williams is perfectly fine for that role. Nobody is expecting him to have a 1500 yd season because if he did we would have no chance at getting him and chargers wouldnt be letting him go. 

32 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

We talking about our need for a # 2 receiver tyrell williams is perfectly fine for that role. Nobody is expecting him to have a 1500 yd season because if he did we would have no chance at getting him and chargers wouldnt be letting him go. 

So what are you expecting out of him? 40 catches and 600 yards? Tajae or Taylor are more than capable of that. 

1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

So what are you expecting out of him? 40 catches and 600 yards? Tajae or Taylor are more than capable of that. 

Who do you suggest we go after instead then? Or do you think we should just go into next year with the same WR that we currently have.

32 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Who do you suggest we go after instead then? Or do you think we should just go into next year with the same WR that we currently have.

I like Golden Tate. He is older, but I believe he is better than Williams. 

3 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

We need depth so of course we will bring in someone. I’d take John Brown or Humphries over Williams. Tate could be a decent option for a veteran. Who knows who will be cut from teams. I don’t think it’s out of the question that we draft another WR in the mid rounds. We also need to think about who our OC might be. At this point who knows who it will be but they might want to bring in someone who knows their offense.

My point all along was Williams does not bring anything to our team that the top 3 WRs on our team are not capable of. People threw out his 1000 yard season and I say that’s a product of his situation rather than his actual skill set and I’m someone way off on that. Then at the same time he has produced mediocre seasons since that season. Hell Kenny Britt and Kendall Wright were once 1000 ya WRs maybe we should bring them back. 

12 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

My point all along was Williams does not bring anything to our team that the top 3 WRs on our team are not capable of. People threw out his 1000 yard season and I say that’s a product of his situation rather than his actual skill set and I’m someone way off on that. Then at the same time he has produced mediocre seasons since that season. Hell Kenny Britt and Kendall Wright were once 1000 ya WRs maybe we should bring them back. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrellwilliams/2553913/careerstats

He comes here to be the 2nd option. Those are mediocre numbers? He has better numbers than all our receivers not named corey davis.

2 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

http://www.nfl.com/player/tyrellwilliams/2553913/careerstats

He comes here to be the 2nd option. Those are mediocre numbers? He has better numbers than all our receivers not named corey davis.

Tajae put up pretty similar numbers as a rookie as Williams did this year. Taylor almost had as many many catches while playing only 45% of snaps. The numbers have gone down every year for Williams. We are not the same team as SD. Who knows what we will get from him at a steep price tag. 

What do you really think he is capable of in our offense with Mariota? I don’t think his production will be worth the $10 mil price tag for us. Shit look at Baltimore. They brought in Crabtree for 7mil per year , Brown for 5 mil per year and Snead for 3.5 mil per year. I’d take all 3 of those guys over Williams. 

Check my post in the beginning of this thread. I know full well Mariota isnt really gonna utilize this guy to his ability but you could say that for every receiver out there in fa. We need another qb to compete with him mary or at least a better backup than blaine gabberts sorry ass. For the record I would love John Brown here too but hes not really gonna do nothing unless the qb performs his job.