titanskick8851

Titanskick 8851 Mock Off-Season V. 1.0

1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Pass on Tyrell Williams. He’s a boom or bust big play WR. He’s basically a taller Taywan Taylor who plays with a HOF QB and opposite a top WR in the nfl. 

In fairness, he would be our #2 here and that seems to be what we want (a big play WR). I was also looking at Humphries instead (Jrob connection) and the fact he is a veteran slot WR, but I think we can get someone like that in the middle rounds.

ctm   
34 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

I think it is just the most realistic approach for the upcoming season. From what we saw from the coaching staff in the season, they seemed to target Spain as the one who was struggling most (although we can all agree it was Kline). I think they wait a year and get out of Jones (expires)/Kline (Save $5.75M) contracts in the 2020 off-season if they both continue to struggle. 

When you factor in the addition of a prominent rookie (Draft in rounds 1-3), the return of a healthy Conklin, and potentially the return of Pamphile, I think there is depth there and players who can be successful. Just depends if we get the 2016 versions of Jones/Kline and/or a rookie/Kelly are inserted in the starting lineup.

The draft has a weak interior OL class.  I find it hard to believe that the team will go into opening day depending on a 3rd round rookie as a starter at OG.  Especially after that had big problems in pass protection last year.  Maybe they do, but I'm skeptical.

37 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

In fairness, he would be our #2 here and that seems to be what we want (a big play WR). I was also looking at Humphries instead (Jrob connection) and the fact he is a veteran slot WR, but I think we can get someone like that in the middle rounds.

I think your number is way too high for him. If he was at 3 yrs 18-21 mil I wouldn’t mind it but if he’s going to be a #2 he needs to be paid like one. 

3 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I think your number is way too high for him. If he was at 3 yrs 18-21 mil I wouldn’t mind it but if he’s going to be a #2 he needs to be paid like one. 

I got the value from Spotrac, which is typically pretty right on for valuations. They value him at 3 yrs, $28,981,984 with an avg. salary: $9,660,661. I figured with inflation and other teams bidding it would go up to $30M. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/los-angeles-chargers/tyrell-williams-17039/market-value/

For comparisons sake, here is some similar contracts that went out. Most of them are #2 or #3 WRs.

PLAYER                 LENGTH          VALUE                   AVG. SALARY           AGE WHEN SIGNED

Doug Baldwin            4                 $46,000,000           $11,500,000                          27

Tyler Lockett              3                $30,750,000            $10,250,000                          25

Marqise Lee               4                $34,000,000            $8,500,000                            26

Kenny Stills                4                 $32,000,000           $8,000,000                             24

AVERAGES                 3.8              $35,687,500          $9,516,667                           25.5

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Pass on Tyrell Williams. He’s a boom or bust big play WR. He’s basically a taller Taywan Taylor who plays with a HOF QB and opposite a top WR in the nfl. 

He had a 1059 yd and 7 td season in 2016 when allen and stevie johnson the two starters were on ir and defenses had to focus on him. 6'4 4.4 speed and he would only have to be the #2 here next to corey and hes only gonna be 27 by next season. He is the perfect fit.

4 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

He had a 1059 yd and 7 td season in 2016 when allen and stevie johnson the two starters were on ir and defenses had to focus on him. 6'4 4.4 speed and he would only have to be the #2 here next to corey and hes only gonna be 27 by next season. He is the perfect fit.

That’s what 120 targets and playing with a HOF QB gets you. 

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

That’s what 120 targets and playing with a HOF QB gets you. 

That is literally the worst argument I’ve ever heard. By that logic I guess you wouldn’t like Keenan Allen, Antonio Brown/JuJu Smith-Schuster, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne, or Jerry Rice if they could’ve been on this team either since they played with a HOF type QB.

1 minute ago, titanskick8851 said:

That is literally the worst argument I’ve ever heard. By that logic I guess you wouldn’t like Keenan Allen, Antonio Brown/JuJu Smith-Schuster, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne, or Jerry Rice if they could’ve been on this team either since they played with a HOF type QB.

Oh please. Trying to use some of the best WRs as a comparison is ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, DecepticonShawn said:

Cant knock him for that though. If thats the case and hes only good cuz of his hof qb what receiver do we get for a mediocre to slightly above average qb like mariota?

Won’t matter who our WRs are. Mariota is who he is. Surrounding him with average WRs will do nothing. 

15 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

For those saying Jones is too small, Gary is 6'5" and 282 lbs. Robinson has seemed to value production over potential. Gary looked like he was peaking in his sophmore year, but he didn't have a great year (atleast statistically speaking). I haven't watched a ton of tape on him though and there is a potential that he was getting double teamed a lot.

image.png.1b2d98fa9e6472a4a4367fb33718d69f.png

He was doubled team a lot; had a lot do why Hurst had a big year last year and Winovich this year. He's one of those guys who might be a better pro than college; he was Rival's number 1 overall recruit coming out of High School.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:29 PM, headhunter said:

Its great. But Darrel Henderson wont drop that far hes awesome. 

Yep. Very much in the discussion to be 1st RB taken. He didn't go to a big school but he's not a sleeper. 

13 hours ago, titanskick8851 said:

Hes not making any sense. All the qb can do is throw the ball to the guy where he can best catch it its still up to the receiver to get seperation and catch it. 

Thrill   

Fine with everything but think we need to bring in a qb somewhere. Whether it’s tyrod or a guy from the draft we can’t rely on gabbert again when there’s a high probability mariota will miss some games