Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Face

PFF top 101-Kyler ranked 2nd

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ctm said:

What about a TE in free agency like Jesse James of the Steelers?   If the preference is for a vet WR, then why not a vet TE?

Probably cause we still have good numbers there and players who the team believes can contribute at a high level. We have Delanie, Smith, Pruitt, and Firkser all back next year. 

 

I really think Hockenson would be perfect, but I don’t think they’ll spend the draft capital (or free agency money/cap space) on a position where they already have established contributors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Probably cause we still have good numbers there and players who the team believes can contribute at a high level. We have Delanie, Smith, Pruitt, and Firkser all back next year. 

 

I really think Hockenson would be perfect, but I don’t think they’ll spend the draft capital (or free agency money/cap space) on a position where they already have established contributors.

I agree that TE isn't going to be a top tier need entering the offseason, but I also think Smith/Pruitt/Firkser aren't in the same league in terms of the upside Hockenson would provide.

 

If the goal this offseason is to make the offense more efficient, an argument could be made outside of finding an upgrade to Mariota, that Hockenson could make the most immediate impact for the Titans offense of any skill position player outside of QB in the 2019 Draft.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I agree that TE isn't going to be a top tier need entering the offseason, but I also think Smith/Pruitt/Firkser aren't in the same league in terms of the upside Hockenson would provide.

 

If the goal this offseason is to make the offense more efficient, an argument could be made outside of finding an upgrade to Mariota, that Hockenson could make the most immediate impact for the Titans offense of any skill position player outside of QB in the 2019 Draft.

Oh I 100% agree there. If we took Hockenson at 18 I would be stoked because I think he can be as good as Gronkowski and you could build an offense around him, Delanie, and Henry. The play action from the 2 and 3 TE sets would be deadly. 

 

I just think/worry Robinson won’t look at it as an area of need. For good and bad he has drafted largely by need early in each draft that he has controlled. It’s not a bad thing, but it does pretty much outline the areas we will target pretty early. Now say in free agency we someway come away with two edge rushers or two wide receivers, it could open up the possibilities a lot.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, titanskick8851 said:

Oh I 100% agree there. If we took Hockenson at 18 I would be stoked because I think he can be as good as Gronkowski and you could build an offense around him, Delanie, and Henry. The play action from the 2 and 3 TE sets would be deadly. 

 

I just think/worry Robinson won’t look at it as an area of need. For good and bad he has drafted largely by need early in each draft that he has controlled. It’s not a bad thing, but it does pretty much outline the areas we will target pretty early. Now say in free agency we someway come away with two edge rushers or two wide receivers, it could open up the possibilities a lot.

 

 

Agree that it's an extreme long shot that JRob would go TE in the 1st round, the only caveat to that is if by late April the Strength&Conditioning/Medical Staff have concerns about Walker ever getting close to playing like he was pre injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Agree that it's an extreme long shot that JRob would go TE in the 1st round, the only caveat to that is if by late April the Strength&Conditioning/Medical Staff have concerns about Walker ever getting close to playing like he was pre injury.

Very true. Suppose you have to factor in Smith’s injury as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×