PFF top 101-Kyler ranked 2nd

Face

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given how much Vrabel loves his analytics a guy like Jerry Tillery stands out in those PFF Rankings as someone to watch at pick #19.   Look at those pass rushing stats for an interior DL guy

I am starting to think about this more as well. Could be OLB and then DL in the 2nd.

I would take Simmons over Tillery/Lawrence, although given his past I doubt he will even be on our draft board.   I just hope JRob can fill our immediate needs at OLB/LG/Veteran WR in FA, th

Just now, headhunter said:

I really can see us go offesne or OLB depending on free agency.

I see OLB in FA, WR in the draft as of right now. With another receiver and possibly DL coming via FA

12 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Not sure this means much of anything.  Plenty of DL guys taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and Ngata was the pick in 2006.  Might not make sense to most but having a guy like Ngata in the middle of your defense all those years does make a difference how you work the draft.  The Ravens drafted about every other position group since then in the 1st round (including a couple of QBs).  After all if you need a good LT and can get a guy like Stanley you don't take a DT.  So keep saying it but I doubt it means anything.  Oh, if Ngata's clone is available in this draft when we pick we better not be passing on that guy. 

I think it means alot and cant be over looked. 

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

@tgo wouldn't narrow the Ole Miss connection simply to AJ Brown, they had 3 really good WR and a TE that are draft eligible, don't rule out JRob going there to look at DK Metcalf, DaMarkus Lodge and Dawson Knox.

Oh I agree. 

We'll see how the pre draft stuff unfolds, but I would think he'd be a big reason for it regardless. 

I could see either Metcalf or Brown being of interest to him - but Brown seems to fit the mold more in terms of production with Metcalf being so young. I think Metcalf is the more talented outside guy though, and has more potential but lacks the toughness of Brown. 

Just now, tgo said:

Oh I agree. 

We'll see how the pre draft stuff unfolds, but I would think he'd be a big reason for it regardless. 

I could see either Metcalf or Brown being of interest to him - but Brown seems to fit the mold more in terms of production with Metcalf being so young. I think Metcalf is the more talented outside guy though, and has more potential but lacks the toughness of Brown. 

I struggle with the idea of using premium draft assets to add another young WR, this is based on two reasons, firstly we are already so young at WR there simply needs to be a veteran leader added to the WR room not another early round draft pick, secondly next years WR class looks to be absolutely exceptional.

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I struggle with the idea of using premium draft assets to add another young WR, this is based on two reasons, firstly we are already so young at WR there simply needs to be a veteran leader added to the WR room not another early round draft pick, secondly next years WR class looks to be absolutely exceptional.

I'm advocating it only under the presumption that a veteran is added. 

The top WR could be available with everyone drafting defense in the 1st. 

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, tgo said:

I'm advocating it only under the presumption that a veteran is added. 

The top WR could be available with everyone drafting defense in the 1st. 

I just think the WR group is so even this year with no clear elite prospects, the guy you get at pick #65 is every bit as good as the guy you could get at pick #19.

With Vrabel likely to want to lean on the run again there are a couple of elite two way TE's in this draft class, both Alabama TE Irv Smith Jr and Iowa TE TJ Hockenson could both come in and contribute in a meaningful way right from day 1, this would free up both Walker and Smith to be more pure receiving options.

3 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I just think the WR group is so even this year with no clear elite prospects, the guy you get at pick #65 is every bit as good as the guy you could get at pick #19.

With Vrabel likely to want to lean on the run again there are a couple of elite two way TE's in this draft class, both Alabama TE Irv Smith Jr and Iowa TE TJ Hockenson could both come in and contribute in a meaningful way right from day 1, this would free up both Walker and Smith to be more pure receiving options.

Oh I'd love to draft Hockenson. I'd fully support drafting a TE. 

I think a TE and a good slot WR would both really benefit Mariota, especially if we keep a similar offense intact. 

I just think it'll become pretty clear what Robinson's priorities will be. 

If we don't sign a FA OLB of course or re-sign Morgan, then OLB becomes a big possibility. 

I just think it's fairly likely that we'll sign Za'Darius Smith if he gets out of Baltimore. 

Or Trey Flowers. 

Edited by tgo

Just now, tgo said:

Oh I'd love to draft Hockenson. I'd fully support drafting a TE. 

I think a TE and a good slot WR would both really benefit Mariota, especially if we keep a similar offense intact. 

I just think it'll become pretty clear what Robinson's priorities will be. 

If we don't sign a FA OLB of course or re-sign Morgan, then OLB becomes a big possibility. 

I just think it's fairly likely that we'll sign Za'Darius Smith if he gets out of Baltimore. 

Za'Darius Smith is really the key name this offseason, if you secure him day 1 of FA it opens up what you can do on the first 2 days of the draft.

Right now we would have to be pretty much near the bottom of the league in terms of money committed to pass rushers with Orakpo retired, Morgan a free agent.

Landry/Correa/Finch barely move the needle in terms of salary cap space.

2 hours ago, ctm said:

What about a TE in free agency like Jesse James of the Steelers?   If the preference is for a vet WR, then why not a vet TE?

Probably cause we still have good numbers there and players who the team believes can contribute at a high level. We have Delanie, Smith, Pruitt, and Firkser all back next year. 

I really think Hockenson would be perfect, but I don’t think they’ll spend the draft capital (or free agency money/cap space) on a position where they already have established contributors.

16 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

Probably cause we still have good numbers there and players who the team believes can contribute at a high level. We have Delanie, Smith, Pruitt, and Firkser all back next year. 

I really think Hockenson would be perfect, but I don’t think they’ll spend the draft capital (or free agency money/cap space) on a position where they already have established contributors.

I agree that TE isn't going to be a top tier need entering the offseason, but I also think Smith/Pruitt/Firkser aren't in the same league in terms of the upside Hockenson would provide.

If the goal this offseason is to make the offense more efficient, an argument could be made outside of finding an upgrade to Mariota, that Hockenson could make the most immediate impact for the Titans offense of any skill position player outside of QB in the 2019 Draft.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

5 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

I agree that TE isn't going to be a top tier need entering the offseason, but I also think Smith/Pruitt/Firkser aren't in the same league in terms of the upside Hockenson would provide.

If the goal this offseason is to make the offense more efficient, an argument could be made outside of finding an upgrade to Mariota, that Hockenson could make the most immediate impact for the Titans offense of any skill position player outside of QB in the 2019 Draft.

Oh I 100% agree there. If we took Hockenson at 18 I would be stoked because I think he can be as good as Gronkowski and you could build an offense around him, Delanie, and Henry. The play action from the 2 and 3 TE sets would be deadly. 

I just think/worry Robinson won’t look at it as an area of need. For good and bad he has drafted largely by need early in each draft that he has controlled. It’s not a bad thing, but it does pretty much outline the areas we will target pretty early. Now say in free agency we someway come away with two edge rushers or two wide receivers, it could open up the possibilities a lot.