PFF top 101-Kyler ranked 2nd

Face

55 minutes ago, tgo said:

The Titans have gone to WV to watch Grier and I think he will be on the radar in the 2nd or 3rd. 

Someone to keep an eye on if you're looking at QBs. 

He projects really well, PFF rated him as the best deep thrower they've graded yet in college.

Hes also a great fit if we keep the current system. He's not a tremendous athlete but he's pretty quick in all his movements. He's got a bit of Jake Plummer in him.

Do you know if they were definitely there to see Grier? Cause Yodny Cajuste is a guy that's really getting some attention & could be a perfect guard fit if we move him inside. He's 6'5 321 & very well put together. The dude is jacked.& was shut down as a LT. Problem is he has short arms. But he's an awfully good looking prospect.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Given how much Vrabel loves his analytics a guy like Jerry Tillery stands out in those PFF Rankings as someone to watch at pick #19.   Look at those pass rushing stats for an interior DL guy

I am starting to think about this more as well. Could be OLB and then DL in the 2nd.

I would take Simmons over Tillery/Lawrence, although given his past I doubt he will even be on our draft board.   I just hope JRob can fill our immediate needs at OLB/LG/Veteran WR in FA, th

Just now, Face said:

He projects really well, PFF rated him as the best deep thrower they've graded yet in college.

Hes also a great fit if we keep the current system. He's not a tremendous athlete but he's pretty quick in all his movements. He's got a bit of Jake Plummer in him.

Do you know if they were definitely there to see Grier? Cause Yodny Cajuste is a guy that's really getting some attention & could be a perfect guard fit if we move him inside. He's 6'5 321 & very well put together. The dude is jacked.& was shut down as a LT. Problem is he has short arms. But he's an awfully good looking prospect.

Not sure who they were watching specifically. But if he was playing, they saw him!

Robins often tends to focus on going to schools with multiple draftable guys it seems like. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2019-nfl-mock-draft-3

Just in time @tgo, they posted their 1st mock...Cajuste 23 to Houston & Grier a few picks later to the Pats.

They have us taking AJ Brown who I like but if we go the WR route I think I prefer the Stanford kid, Arcega-Whiteside, who apparently had double the amount of contested catches as the next guy, or Marquis Brown whose an absolute burner & deep threat. We've really struggled horribly in the red zone the last 2 years, which is odd considering how good Mariota was his first 2 years there. But a big jump ball guy like Whiteside would be an immediate help there right off the bat.

Just now, Face said:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-pff-2019-nfl-mock-draft-3

Just in time @tgo, they posted their 1st mock...Cajuste 23 to Houston & Grier a few picks later to the Pats.

They have us taking AJ Brown who I like but if we go the WR route I think I prefer the Stanford kid, Arcega-Whiteside, who apparently had double the amount of contested catches as the next guy, or Marquis Brown whose an absolute burner & deep threat. We've really struggled horribly in the red zone the last 2 years, which is odd considering how good Mariota was his first 2 years there. But a big jump ball guy like Whiteside would be an immediate help there right off the bat.

I think Robinson really likes AJ Brown. 

My thinking right now is that they draft Brown to play slot since that is where he is most proficient, (while learning other positions) and then sign a FA

I know that WR will be their number one conern this offseaon. 

I'm not sure Mariota is the type of QB who you get a jump ball WR for. 

Right now, of the guys that could be in our ballpark at 19, my pick is Dexter Lawrence followed by Tillery. I probably like Simmons better then Tillery but I just don't see us picking him with Amy as the owner.

When you look at need (I don't think Pees mentioned this being the smallest line he's had for nothing) it lines up perfectly with Dex's size, athleticism, and production. The kid has been a dominant run player & has produced a lot of pressures since his freshman year. He checks all the boxes. I'm just afraid, based on what I've read, that he's going to put up some insane combine numbers & put himself out of our range.

Tillery to me is a very safe pick with plenty of upside as well. He has ideal length & size to play the 5 tech & is a great pass rusher. The key is he gets to the QB with very strong & efficient hand usage, playing within the scheme.

13 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think Robinson really likes AJ Brown. 

My thinking right now is that they draft Brown to play slot since that is where he is most proficient, (while learning other positions) and then sign a FA

I know that WR will be their number one conern this offseaon. 

I'm not sure Mariota is the type of QB who you get a jump ball WR for. 

What makes you say that about Brown/Robinson? Has he visited the school often?

I like Brown a lot as well but with all the TE's we have is a slot with size a bit of overkill? Maybe. But Brown is tremendous, and a major mismatch inside with his size.

2 minutes ago, Face said:

What makes you say that about Brown/Robinson? Has he visited the school often?

I like Brown a lot as well but with all the TE's we have is a slot with size a bit of overkill? Maybe. But Brown is tremendous, and a major mismatch inside with his size.

He has seen Ole Miss more than once and I think Brown fits the profile for what he really looks for in players, even though Metcalf may be more dynamic and has more potential. 

We'll see more as the draft process gets further along. 

@tgowhat do you think about Zach Allen as a 2nd Rd option? Obviously Vrabel has a close connection with BC & both the Pats & Ravens have a history of valuing size on the edge. They seem to prefer more balanced edge rushers, guys who can set the edge & rush with power. Allen had a great year to, big time production.

1 minute ago, Face said:

@tgowhat do you think about Zach Allen as a 2nd Rd option? Obviously Vrabel has a close connection with BC & both the Pats & Ravens have a history of valuing size on the edge. They seem to prefer more balanced edge rushers, guys who can set the edge & rush with power. Allen had a great year to, big time production.

Isn't Allen more of a DL?

I'm torn on this guy because of the connection, but he's about the same size as Karl Klug, who they let go because of lack of size for this scheme. I'm just not sure he's a fit. 

3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Edge rushers are fairly deep and look to have value about where we will be picking.  So we may snag the guy opposite Landry in this draft.  I can see our 1st and 2nd round picks being Edge and DT and it just depends on who is available in the 1st what order we go. 

So imagine this scenario.  We draft potential starters at DT and Edge in rounds 1 and 2.  If JRob picks those guys right the rest of the draft is icing on the cake. 

I would love to see us get two players for the front 7 in this draft. A lot of guys to like there. Edge + DT is ideal IMO

11 minutes ago, Face said:

Great run defender on the edge. More of a tweener size wise. Hard to see how he'll do as a pass rusher. Built like Cam Jordan but isnt a great athlete. 

55 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Ill say this again, the Patiots and Ravens never drafted a defensive lineman in the first round while Pees was Defensive Coordinator. I think his system the DL takes up blockers for the LBs to make plays. I see us draft a OLB ahead of a DL.

This. 

Furthermore, Robinson hasn't been associated with a team that has taken a DT in the first round in his entire career as a personnel executive.