Sign in to follow this  
Downtown

American farmers might finally realize that Trump isn't "for them."

Downtown   

In general, most Americans don't realize exactly how much the Federal Government provides until its gone. This was a huge topic in Michael Lewis' book, The Fifth Risk.

Farmers have been absolutely shat upon during Trump's tenure. This shutdown may finally make them realize that Trump just doesn't care about them. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/10/us/farmers-trump-administration.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&fbclid=IwAR0cdvCpzBVPVWo8-abLtgIJ4Su6H2ZdekGp32aG9YbL01q8-ukTKGDTW9g

Some choice excerpts:

While many rural conservatives may loathe the idea of Big Government, farmers and the federal government are welded together by dozens of programs and billions of dollars in spending.

Now, farmers and farm groups say that federal crop payments have stopped flowing. Farmers cannot get federally backed operating loans to buy seed for their spring planting, or feed for their livestock. They cannot look up new government data about beef prices or soybean yields to make decisions about planting and selling their goods in an ever-changing global market.

God bless the idiots:

“I may lose the farm, but I strongly feel we need some border security,” Mr. Nunnery said. 

Rolltide   

As somebody who is not a farmer but a consumer the prices of staples like eggs and milk could not be lower. Thank you President Trump. 

Eggs are almost 2X more in Canada than here and milk is about 70 cents more a gallon in Canada. Why don't you libtards move there?

This is the best economy I have ever seen for average ordinary people. All you morons do is try and find some victim some place. Piss off.