Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Jeff Fisher Article

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

Well Jeff Fisher stopped drinking but still chews...one of his neighbors got evicted so Jeff bought the property and rents it to the person. 

He likes hunting, fishing, riding ATVs and has a big farm 20 miles outside of Nashville. And his cabin in the mountains is 900 square feet, not 9,000 like everyone believes. 

His feelings are hurt about all the bad talk about him and that his legacy isn't what he wants it to be, and he misses the NFL and still wants to coach. 

He traded up to draft Goff who is doing great and his personnel is doing great with the Rams, so he's actually smart.

And everyone that knows him loves him and he's a great guy. 

That's the gist of it. 

Thanks.  Between this and the Locker story, I'm good on the personal pieces for a while.  

Good little read. I think Vrabel is a younger Fisher with a better career. Hopefully Vrabel soaked up enough new school stuff to be adaptable. 

tgo   
3 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Good little read. I think Vrabel is a younger Fisher with a better career. Hopefully Vrabel soaked up enough new school stuff to be adaptable. 

There's no similarity between Fisher and Vrabel except they're both defensive coaches and both intelligent people. 

1 minute ago, tgo said:

There's no similarity between Fisher and Vrabel except they're both defensive coaches and both intelligent people. 

I hope you're right. Fisher was a good head coach who in the end couldn't find the offensive coaching talent to take his teams to the next level. I think he'd make a fucking great GM

rns90   
3 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I hope you're right. Fisher was a good head coach who in the end couldn't find the offensive coaching talent to take his teams to the next level. I think he'd make a fucking great GM

Didn't he pretty much have player personnel decisions with the Rams and the Titans (in the later years)?  He wasn't that good in that regard.

tgo   
4 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Well the issue with Fisher has been personnel. I think he'd make a terrible GM, but that's definitely where his mindset leans toward - personnel. 

Fisher's undoing came when he started demanding more personnel control. He's a better coach without that control. 

Bink   

I agree with the assessments that Fisher should have moved on from coaching into a front office role. He seems like a great fit for a GM or even an AD at a major university. 

4 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Didn't he pretty much have player personnel decisions with the Rams and the Titans (in the later years)?  He wasn't that good in that regard.

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

Well the issue with Fisher has been personnel. I think he'd make a terrible GM, but that's definitely where his mindset leans toward - personnel. 

Fisher's undoing came when he started demanding more personnel control. He's a better coach without that control. 

I don't agree. I think if his attention was fully focused on a GM role, he'd be excellent. Look how his teams did after he left...having had those extra GM duties and leeway on drafting/FA. Those were some great players. Just like the article says, look how the team he built (Rams) is doing...

tgo   
Just now, SleepingTitan said:

I don't agree. I think if his attention was fully focused on a GM role, he'd be excellent. Look how his teams did after he left...having had those extra GM duties and leeway on drafting/FA. Those were some great players. Just like the article says, look how the team he built (Rams) is doing...

He does not seem to care much about character, toughness, discipline, or even experience when he's evaluating players. He's the one that demanded we draft Chris Henry in the 2nd round for example. He doesn't care as much about selfish guys and doesn't really push the team-first mindset. 

He also forced the LenDale White pick and the Pacman pick. 

He's lacking what the Patriots class of evaluators have mastered. He just goes for uber athletic guys that he thinks can be coached up, it's his primary concern. 

Guys like Jon Robinson have greater concerns than athleticism and talent when it comes to picking football players. 

scine09   

He also made every excuse in the world for his performance in St. Louis/LA and used Vince Young's 2006 season as an example of what a good coach of QBs he is.

1 minute ago, tgo said:

He does not seem to care much about character, toughness, discipline, or even experience when he's evaluating players. He's the one that demanded we draft Chris Henry in the 2nd round for example. He doesn't care as much about selfish guys and doesn't really push the team-first mindset. 

He also forced the LenDale White pick and the Pacman pick. 

He's lacking what the Patriots class of evaluators have mastered. He just goes for uber athletic guys that he thinks can be coached up, it's his primary concern. 

Guys like Jon Robinson have greater concerns than athleticism and talent when it comes to picking football players. 

You can have character players when you have Tom Brady. When you don't, you need Big Al stomping guys and Pacman spitting on hoes.

The types of players he gravitated towards, are exactly the dudes we're missing. I'm tired of seeing good interviews after a tough loss. I want a pick sick and an offensive line to get blown the fuck up. 

Our teams have been boring the last couple years, taking an entire half to get going. 

If there's one thing I could ask of Jrob in 2019: PLAYMAKERS. I don't give a damn if they're on the line or on special teams. Just playmakers who show the fuck up.