Jeff Fisher Article

tgo

Just now, SleepingTitan said:

You can have character players when you have Tom Brady. When you don't, you need Big Al stomping guys and Pacman spitting on hoes.

The types of players he gravitated towards, are exactly the dudes we're missing. I'm tired of seeing good interviews after a tough loss. I want a pick sick and an offensive line to get blown the fuck up. 

Our teams have been boring the last couple years, taking an entire half to get going. 

Lol well you must long for the good ole days eh?

I don't - I like the approach we have now and it's how you consistently contend for Superbowls and field true teams every year rather than collections of individuals. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He is not wrong there. I'll never hold the VY debacle as a qb against him with all the info that has come out about what a retard VY was.

Well Jeff Fisher stopped drinking but still chews...one of his neighbors got evicted so Jeff bought the property and rents it to the person.    He likes hunting, fishing, riding ATVs and has

This is the annual puff piece his buddies in sports media put out to try to keep him relevant.

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

He is not wrong there. I'll never hold the VY debacle as a qb against him with all the info that has come out about what a retard VY was.

Do you think he's a good coach for a QB?

I don't.

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

Lol well you must long for the good ole days eh?

I don't - I like the approach we have now and it's how you consistently contend for Superbowls and field true teams every year rather than collections of individuals. 

I like it too. We need a good core. But we need to stop overlooking guys because of their attitude or history. Now, I'm not saying we need to draft oversized wide receivers who got kicked out of school for throwing a pregnant woman down the stairs, but lets get some playmakers cheap. Let the locker room stand on its own. If the core is there, little risk 1 guy can ruin it. Pats bring in assholes all the time. They get in line for the team. 

11 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Do you think he's a good coach for a QB?

I don't.

This is part of the real reason he's out of the league.

The guy simply couldn't adapt to the game changing into a passing league.

square.jpg

Edited by abenjami

Fisher would make a good GM?  What the fuck are people smoking around here?

He ruined our roster for nearly a decade (with a little help from Bud), and the Rams look good now because they have a solid coach with a proven scheme, not because Fisher was an expert at signing personnel for other coaches.  

When Reese left and Fisher took over, our drafts were awful.  VY wasn't his fault, but he had a better winning percentage with VY than he did all his other QBs, so if he was some QB-whisperer, apparently it was only with those that forced the team to play his favorite style of football....run, run, pass, punt (yes @OILERMAN, that's a callout to your article), and then play great defense.

His Rams teams got worse the longer he was there, which seems odd for someone so astute at bringing in talent, right?  The reason he's not in any HC searches is because the league finally wised-up to what several on here were saying a decade ago.  He sucks.

1 hour ago, GoodToGo said:

Had the players to win it all for a time and was too conservative. Never liked him. Never will. 

He had great teams for a 5 year stretch and was just an awful coach.  

He was also the coach both times we had the #1 seed in the AFC and then got embarrassed at home by the Ravens after a bye-week.  

Fisher was a good head coach, lame as a GM/coach.

Floyd and Fish were a good pairing with Diamond in place.

Once Fish won the battle between himself and Floyd was when you saw guys like Big Al, Pacman, Chris Henry Calico, and Lendale White brought in with the thought that he could coach them up, motivate or change their personal issues.

He failed in doing so.

VY was Buds pick all the way, but so was McNair and signing Moon.

VY and his six wonderlic should have made him undrafted at his position, but we took him third.