Sign in to follow this  
Justafan

An early look at Drew Lock

Smokes   
1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

Watching these highlights plus the highlights from Murray, it's insane how little pressure there is in the college game. I keep looking for these guys to step up and throw in muddied pockets, but they rarely have to because the protection is so good (pass rush so bad?). You put on an NFL tape of virtually any game and it's crazy how much faster the pressure starts to get there. 

Theirs basically no real pocket in college.

You sit in the gun the line stands up the four or five blockers and depending on what side of the hash your on you wait for the receiver to out run the DB across the far side till he's open then throw.

Coaches read the defense then send in the plays, alot of these guys have no real responsibility for knowing what anyone else has to do outside of their own responsibility on any given play.

Face   
25 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The Broncos have been the most heavily linked team to Lock.

This actually makes total sense, I didn't even think of it. Kubiak was always a big believer in Keenum. Usually when things fall apart out of nowhere like this, it's because of a single big sticking point. Fangio clearly doesn't want Keenum. He schemed against him twice in 2017 in the NFC North & probably knows how limited he is. As does the great Irishman, Cian Fahey:

abc2330   
On 1/11/2019 at 4:09 PM, Face said:

He looks promising.  Sexy arm.  He looks composed and relaxed in the pocket.  He tends to stare down receivers, but he also quickly pulls the trigger when he finds someone open.  He's got functional athleticism, and a big arm which can make NFL throws on the run.  Several "perfect " throws which can't be defended.  

I'd absolutely take a chance on this guy.  His ceiling is very high, his arm very strong,  and his accuracy has improved each year in college.  There's much to like.

54 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

He looks promising.  Sexy arm.  He looks composed and relaxed in the pocket.  He tends to stare down receivers, but he also quickly pulls the trigger when he finds someone open.  He's got functional athleticism, and a big arm which can make NFL throws on the run.  Several "perfect " throws which can't be defended.  

I'd absolutely take a chance on this guy.  His ceiling is very high, his arm very strong,  and his accuracy has improved each year in college.  There's much to like.

Careful, Japan will accuse you of being a Gabbert/Mizzou lover.