Sign in to follow this  
BeedoeLaw

Leonard Williams

Rolltide   

Hell yes a 2nd rd pick. The people that run that team are certifiable short bus candidates. They already lost Wilkerson and Richardson(Both UFA this spring) might as well lose another DT stud. 

We would have to sign him to a least a 3 year deal if we did that. The guy is too good and too young(24) to lose. 

Soxcat   

You mean we have to pay real good players now?  Orakpo and Morgan both being gone means our defensive payroll just dropped 17.5 mil.  We also don't need Logan (who is a FA) and with salary and bonus he was paid $4 mil last year.  With the kids age and considering how good he is at a position where those kind of guys are always going to require big bucks or a 1st round pick........ damn right I 'd give a 2nd.  Question is more if we would swap our 1st for their 2nd or something. 

Casey is up in age so we need his replacement anyway.  Figure on using a early draft pick for that at some point.  JRob already flirted with brining Suh here last year.  Jrob seems to find decent edge guys who would get way more sacks if we had a better interior rush.  Go for it. 

I wouldnt judge him too much. Hes still only 24 and held a good rating by pff. That said willing to bet we dont get him even if he is available. JR was talking up Daquan Jones in that interview like he was some impactful player. I saw nothing special really so idk wtf hes talking about on that regard.

Mythos27   

I thought he was going to be a megastar when he was coming out and he certainly hasn't lived up to the hype. I'd say he's a very good player that gets pressure but doesn't really rack up many sacks or even draw as many double teams as you'd like. Not sure we can afford to spend a 2 on him this year. He's a sure upgrade and much better than anyone else we have but if the DL draft class is close to as good as people are saying we're likely to get comparable talent/production without having to shell out dough for a huge contract.

kgsTitan   

I remember this board going nuts over him in the draft discussion. Maybe moreso than any other prospect ever.

I didn't want him then, and don't want him now. Total bust.

He’s a good not yet dominant player but still has the potential and hasn’t reached his peak..  and he stays out of trouble yeah? 

Its worth a second and he will be expensive but shouldn’t get top 3 money. 

Soxcat   

This is a strong draft for interior guys but as usual people always think they guy who hasn't played a down yet is better than anyone else.  Since we pick at #19 it has to be part of the consideration.  The crème of the interior guys will be gone.