Sign in to follow this  
OILERMAN

Veteran behind GoFundMe for Trump's wall allegedly pocketed money meant for wounded veterans

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

You sent in a few dollars didn’t you? 

I never felt we needed to donate to get the Wall. It's coming with or without that money. 

And I already laughed at those ppl before there was any talk about this guy stealing previous money.

13 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/424860-veteran-behind-gofundme-for-trumps-wall-allegedly-pocketed

The veteran who set up the GoFundMe for President Trump's border wall allegedly pocketed money meant for wounded veterans in the past, according to a new Buzzfeed News investigation. 

Brian Kolfage, a triple amputee and Purple Heart recipient, reportedly previously spearheaded a crowdfunding campaign that raised thousands of dollars for an effort to mentor veterans at military hospitals.

Apparently this guy is quite a piece of work...

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/briannasacks/veteran-trump-wall-brian-kolfage-immigration-facebook

Brian Kolfage, the decorated Iraq War veteran spearheading the massive, viral fundraising campaign to build President Trump’s border wall, who has a history of peddling right-wing misinformation on Facebook, pushed the limits of misleading content in pursuit of online traffic and profits until he was ultimately banned from the platform, according to multiple former employees and a review of internal communications.

The 37-year-old has spent more than a decade carefully crafting his public persona as an altruistic, conservative public figure, but people who have worked with the veteran told BuzzFeed News he can be vengeful and malicious, and that the pursuit of profits above all else fueled his behavior.

The veteran has also spearheaded other crowdfunding ventures over the years, raising thousands of dollars on GoFundMe with the promise of helping mentor fellow vets at military hospitals, but spokespersons for the medical centers said they have no record of Kolfage working at their facilities or donating any money.

8 hours ago, abenjami said:

I saw a case in court out here where this couple started a gofundme to pay for the Wife's cancer treatments.  They used a lot of the money to remodel their house.

People gotta stop donating to random GFM campaigns...

5 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I never felt we needed to donate to get the Wall. It's coming with or without that money. 

And I already laughed at those ppl before there was any talk about this guy stealing previous money.

The wall isn’t coming. You have any idea how many lawsuits are going to be filed when the government seizes thousands of miles of private land? Lmao. It’ll be in litigation longer than all of us will be alive. 

54 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

The wall isn’t coming. You have any idea how many lawsuits are going to be filed when the government seizes thousands of miles of private land? Lmao. It’ll be in litigation longer than all of us will be alive. 

I'm working on an eminent domain case right now representing a very small gas station north of Atlanta against the DOT. The condemnation petition was filed by the DOT in 2009.andbits nowhere close to over. On interlocutor appeal right now over 3 motions in limone the trial court granted. Lol. That convenience store was maybe worth $700k on a good day. 

16 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

I'm working on an eminent domain case right now representing a very small gas station north of Atlanta against the DOT. The condemnation petition was filed by the DOT in 2009.andbits nowhere close to over. On interlocutor appeal right now over 3 motions in limone the trial court granted. Lol. That convenience store was maybe worth $700k on a good day. 

And that’s one case. Also, who allows interlocutory appeal on Motions in Limine?  

abenjami   
57 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

And that’s one case. Also, who allows interlocutory appeal on Motions in Limine?  

I’m sure California would (if they don’t already) in an ED case.

We have tons of pre-trial writ relief petitions that get heard. 

9 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

The Georgia Court of appeals. They are important motions and they usually seem to grant it on eminent domain cases 

We had to make an application. Not automatic right to appeal. 

Edited by Legaltitan

12 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Lmao. Like that hasnt happened...

How'd that pipeline work out on that reservation???

Also dont forget some of those land owners want it themselves. 

If the governemt can force ppl to sell their land for a damn road or a pipeline, they can do it for a wall on land thats just there and not being used other than by illegals parading on it. 

If that happened, this can. Go chase your tail.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

The Georgia Court of appeals. They are important motions and they usually seem to grant it on eminent domain cases 

We had to make an application. Not automatic right to appeal. 

Presuming it’s Rule 9, you don’t have to ask the trial court’s permission to seek interlocutory appeal? We do here in TN. It’s rarely granted. Then you have to seek extraordinary appeal, which is even more rare. The crux is, here in TN, interlocutory appeal is disfavored. 

10 hours ago, abenjami said:

I’m sure California would (if they don’t already) in an ED case.

We have tons of pre-trial writ relief petitions that get heard. 

Tennessee is just different from what I’m seeing. I’ve never had a Motion for Interlocutory Appeal granted. 

Justafan   
16 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Lmao. Like that hasnt happened...

How'd that pipeline work out on that reservation???

Also dont forget some of those land owners want it themselves. 

If the governemt can force ppl to sell their land for a damn road or a pipeline, they can do it for a wall on land thats just there and not being used other than by illegals parading on it. 

If that happened, this can. Go chase your tail.

Not without a whole lot more than 5.7b.