Veteran behind GoFundMe for Trump's wall allegedly pocketed money meant for wounded veterans

OILERMAN

5 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I never felt we needed to donate to get the Wall. It's coming with or without that money. 

And I already laughed at those ppl before there was any talk about this guy stealing previous money.

The wall isn’t coming. You have any idea how many lawsuits are going to be filed when the government seizes thousands of miles of private land? Lmao. It’ll be in litigation longer than all of us will be alive. 

54 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

The wall isn’t coming. You have any idea how many lawsuits are going to be filed when the government seizes thousands of miles of private land? Lmao. It’ll be in litigation longer than all of us will be alive. 

I'm working on an eminent domain case right now representing a very small gas station north of Atlanta against the DOT. The condemnation petition was filed by the DOT in 2009.andbits nowhere close to over. On interlocutor appeal right now over 3 motions in limone the trial court granted. Lol. That convenience store was maybe worth $700k on a good day. 

16 minutes ago, Legaltitan said:

I'm working on an eminent domain case right now representing a very small gas station north of Atlanta against the DOT. The condemnation petition was filed by the DOT in 2009.andbits nowhere close to over. On interlocutor appeal right now over 3 motions in limone the trial court granted. Lol. That convenience store was maybe worth $700k on a good day. 

And that’s one case. Also, who allows interlocutory appeal on Motions in Limine?  

57 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

And that’s one case. Also, who allows interlocutory appeal on Motions in Limine?  

I’m sure California would (if they don’t already) in an ED case.

We have tons of pre-trial writ relief petitions that get heard. 

9 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

The Georgia Court of appeals. They are important motions and they usually seem to grant it on eminent domain cases 

We had to make an application. Not automatic right to appeal. 

Edited by Legaltitan

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

The Georgia Court of appeals. They are important motions and they usually seem to grant it on eminent domain cases 

We had to make an application. Not automatic right to appeal. 

Presuming it’s Rule 9, you don’t have to ask the trial court’s permission to seek interlocutory appeal? We do here in TN. It’s rarely granted. Then you have to seek extraordinary appeal, which is even more rare. The crux is, here in TN, interlocutory appeal is disfavored. 

10 hours ago, abenjami said:

I’m sure California would (if they don’t already) in an ED case.

We have tons of pre-trial writ relief petitions that get heard. 

Tennessee is just different from what I’m seeing. I’ve never had a Motion for Interlocutory Appeal granted. 

16 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Lmao. Like that hasnt happened...

How'd that pipeline work out on that reservation???

Also dont forget some of those land owners want it themselves. 

If the governemt can force ppl to sell their land for a damn road or a pipeline, they can do it for a wall on land thats just there and not being used other than by illegals parading on it. 

If that happened, this can. Go chase your tail.

Not without a whole lot more than 5.7b.  

1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36441/gofundme-accounts-kavanaugh-accuser-christine-ford-amanda-prestigiacomo

Provides a motive for lying doesn't it? 

Christine Ford went from a college professor to an independently wealthy person. Yep those who donated are idiots that is true. She put the good word in for them and her net worth just kept rising. 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/stevens/ct-life-stevens-tuesday-christine-blasey-ford-donating-gofundme-1127-story.html

Perhaps quoting the daily wire makes you less credible and not more.

2 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Presuming it’s Rule 9, you don’t have to ask the trial court’s permission to seek interlocutory appeal? We do here in TN. It’s rarely granted. Then you have to seek extraordinary appeal, which is even more rare. The crux is, here in TN, interlocutory appeal is disfavored. 

I don't know what rule 9 you mean but yes you have to first ask the trial court for a certificate of immediate review. It's not automatic but not rare. No specific or unspoken policy here of disfavoring interlocutory appeal

3 hours ago, Legaltitan said:

I don't know what rule 9 you mean but yes you have to first ask the trial court for a certificate of immediate review. It's not automatic but not rare. No specific or unspoken policy here of disfavoring interlocutory appeal

Rule 9 is our Rule of Appelate Procedure that governs interlocutory appeal.