Bengals to Hire Zac Taylor

Jonboy

Owners are driving this.  A bunch of jelly going around the league.  I believe a lot of teams will live to regret hiring some of these coordinators who have never called plays in their lives.

Edited by Justafan

4 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Happens regularly anyway regardless of the experience of the pick or the reason behind it. 

I mean, would any of them be better off hiring Marvin Lewis? You could argue he is just as much of a risk even with his experience. Probably more of a risk because you already know his ceiling, and it ain't that high.

I'm not against giving guys a shot.  There are plenty of guys who deserve a shot and have earned a shot but they aren't the shiny new toy.  Owners want the Rams, they want the Chiefs and they don't care if they have the personnel to run those systems or not.  

18 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I'm not against giving guys a shot.  There are plenty of guys who deserve a shot and have earned a shot but they aren't the shiny new toy.  Owners want the Rams, they want the Chiefs and they don't care if they have the personnel to run those systems or not.  

It's too bad the network of NFL franchise owners is full of dumb shits who only own NFL franchises because they swim in god's money.

LaFluer, Kitchens, and Reich weren't worth giving a chance at calling plays before, right?  

It's not about experience.  It's about doing your homework, implementing what works, and being adaptive.  Most experienced coordinators are stubborn as fuck and won't accept that the league has evolved. 

Mularkey sacrificed his job because he didn't want to adhere to offensive philosophies which actually work now. Mike McCoy thinks non-stop run plays behind the center are effective, despite the statistics which prove otherwise.  Mike McCarthy thinks that he can spread the ball around when he has 1 receiver who actually understands his offense.  I'll take an inexperienced, adaptable young coach over any of these old boobs.

16 hours ago, Thrill said:

It’s absurd the redskins fired mike Shanahan. He’s the father of this crazy shift. And started it nearly 10 years ago. 

I told someone a few days ago the best HC out there without a job is Mike Shanahan