This is crazy - watch this.

Pragidealist

Mixing the boob-tube with religion, both crutches of Trump supporters, might actual peel away Trump support more than anything to date.

I could see some Trump supporter watching this and thinking, hey maybe there is something wrong with our Trump - it was foretold in this nice television show from our golden ages - a note from our fathers. 

5 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

Mixing the boob-tube with religion, both crutches of Trump supporters, might actual peel away Trump support more than anything to date.

I could see some Trump supporter watching this and thinking, he maybe there is something wrong with our Trump - it was foretold in this nice television show from our golden ages - a note from our fathers. 

I thought the same thing. I could see them seeing a calm guy in a cowboy hat calling out a con man, and suddenly go...hmmm.  ? 

Regardless- that is a crazy coincidence.  So crazy, I'm not sure its a coincidence.  The odds of that happening independently seem just too high.  I have to think someone involved in this whole wall scheme knew of this episode.  All they would have to do is search Trump on the youtube and get an idea.  lol  

1 minute ago, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

At the end of that episode, Trump got arrested before he could leave town.  The equivalent to that would be this era's Trump gets impeached before he can leave office!

Or arrested right after he leaves office (which I think is the plan) 

Here's the full episode. Spoiler alert- At the end, Trump is shot by the sheriff who was a co-conspirator. I thought this quote was pretty prescient:  "Look here son, I live here. I know these people pretty well. And right now there's nothing in the world could change their minds. And anybody who tries to could end up getting hurt. They're NOT going to listen." 

I hadn't heard of Trackdown but it seems pretty cool, like a sci-fi western. Gonna watch the rest of them and see if there are any other prophecies that have came to pass.

6 hours ago, OzTitan said:

The sad part is the most accurate part of it all is the rubes in the town.

The thing I have had to come to terms with is there were lots of snake oil salesmen in the past because a good one could make alot of money. There are cheesy ads on TV because they work. There are all kinds of gimicks we see all the time. Some fall for them, many laugh at them, but either way they get our attention. It works.

Now take Trump. He already had a fake personna built up for himself through clever TV editing from the Apprentice. People were just sitting there ready willing and able to fall for his huckster act, hook line and sinker. I mean I'm not letting Trump voters off the hook, but I totally understand how it happened. Notice while people were falling for Trump, we were laughing about Trump and mocking him and getting angry at him, all the TV networks were breathlessly reporting him. There's no such thing as bad publicity. All eyes were on Trump. It was the ultimate con, by a guy we all knew and even those that hated Trump always associated him with money and glitz and all that crap. Even if we thought it was gaudy and stupid, that doesn't matter for the con. The fact is in, say 2010, when you thought of Trump the first words that would come to anyone's mind would be "businessman" "boss" "rich" and maybe "powerful." That's probably 100% of people thought of at least 2 of those words when they thought about Trump. That is powerful branding. Unbelievable branding. So we were ripe for the con. It's as clear as day how and why it happened.

Archived