Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Kyler Murray now expected to enter the NFL draft

2 hours ago, TWR said:

You don’t have to challenge me. Go back and read this thread. I’m alresdy doing a deep dive on all games. 3 games through already. 

Mayfield was a more polished passer and made many more NFL level play calls and throws. 

Through 3 games Murray has made triple the amount of passss under 3 yards, at the LOS or behind it than he has downfield. When he does throw downfield the majority of time these guys are running WIDE OPEN. A lot of things that don’t correlate to the next level other than his size— this isn’t to say he won’t be a good NFL QB, he just doesn’t have the sample size to be a shoe in. 

Its a weak class and he will get overdrafted- teams would take Winston and Mariota over Murray if all in the same draft.

So exactly how many passes under 3 yards did Mayfield have through 3 games?

Jonboy   

"A lot of it comes down to what's in your heart, what's your passion, what you can be excited to do for this next chapter of your life," Henson told ESPN in a phone conversation Thursday. "Do you like watching film more than you like hitting in the cage? Are you willing to give two seasons to staying in small towns and hotels and grinding it out and struggling and playing in front of 500 people when guys you dominated in college are playing on Monday Night Football?"

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25729395/inside-kyler-murray-football-vs-baseball-decision

14 hours ago, Jonboy said:

"A lot of it comes down to what's in your heart, what's your passion, what you can be excited to do for this next chapter of your life," Henson told ESPN in a phone conversation Thursday. "Do you like watching film more than you like hitting in the cage? Are you willing to give two seasons to staying in small towns and hotels and grinding it out and struggling and playing in front of 500 people when guys you dominated in college are playing on Monday Night Football?"

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/25729395/inside-kyler-murray-football-vs-baseball-decision

I still despise George Steinbrenner for that contract; it was strictly a vanity deal for him so he threw so much money at Henson the kid didn't really have a choice. He would have been a much better football player; when healthy he actually kept Brady on the bench.

OILERMAN   
16 hours ago, titansfan said:

Mariota and Winston were better QB prospects than both Mayfield and Murray. 

Abd Mayfield is already the better NFL player 

FRT   
22 hours ago, Soxcat said:

He would have a year to sit (or the number of games before Mariota had another injury).

In 18 that was 2 quarters.  Just saying.

abc2330   
19 hours ago, titansfan said:

Mariota and Winston were better QB prospects than both Mayfield and Murray. 

Only if you care about height and not talent.

abc2330   

I'm not a huge fan of Murray, without taking size into consideration.  He actually reminds me of Mariota throwing the ball.  He's not throwing with great touch or anticipation on many plays.  Like , it gets to the guy, but they often have to stop or adjust to the ball in order to catch it.  It doesn't just fall naturally into their hands while running their route.  

OzTitan   
1 hour ago, TitanPoke said:

I'd take him in a heartbeat if he was on the board. Blazing speed and a big time arm. His size is a bit concerning, but tell it to Mayfield and Brees. 

He's significantly smaller still though. I think the question is once you get yo about their size does losing a few more inches actually matter, or are you already adjusting about the same amount. Hard to answer without a serious QB of that size since Flutie.