Kyler Murray now expected to enter the NFL draft

AussieTitanFan08

2 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Have you seen him play? The dude loves football. He just so happens to be a dynamic athlete. 

Yeah, but he looks like a short stop. 

Yall got any more of dem CTE's? 

Unless he wants to be a receiver for the Pats, he needs to take his ass to the diamond and leave this gridiron to the big boys. Seriously, how many sub 6 ft Qbs have been successful? Any team drafting him would be rolling the dice. He would be potentially throwing away a baseball career for NFL sign on bonuses. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny how things line up some times (not saying the Cards would take Murray at #1)    

Foles/Murray, 2019!

I don't know anything about his baseball potential....but assuming he has similar prospects in both sports, he's an idiot if he chooses NFL over MLB.  

That being said....a player like Murray would be perfect for the Titans' current situation.    I think they still like Mariota as a starter...but they're obviously not sold on him as a long-term solution and the injuries continue to be a huge problem.

A guy like Murray could be an effective backup out of the gate due to his athleticism and explosive playmaking ability....and if the team decides to part ways with Marcus after 2019, Murray would be in a position to take over with a year under his belt and a few games' experience.    If the team chooses to stay with Marcus long-term, Murray could be valuable trade bait down the road.   (Or possibly even take over and relegate Marcus to the #2 role, i.e. Lamar Jackson/Joe Flacco).

I don't know if Murray is the exact guy for the job.....but he checks all the boxes and would represent the team's best chance of solidifying the QB position.  It's just a matter of whether the Titans see him as a first-round talent worth pursuing....because if they don't, somebody else will.

Tape 2 down. Iowa St game. Again very few NFL play calls- every pass out of shotgun, almost 100% of passes included RPO and a moving pocket. Touchdown passes Mostly passes at LOS or behind. Again relying on elite athletic playmakers vs inferior talented defenders. Hollywood Brown May be faster than tyreke hill with the ball in his hands, those 2 guys can roll. Some good things in the pocket like stepping up at times, some bad leaving too early or throwing off balance, not set leading to some late or off target throws.

Will continue watching more game tape to try and find more NFL correlation.  

4 minutes ago, TWR said:

Tape 2 down. Iowa St game. Again very few NFL play calls- every pass out of shotgun, almost 100% of passes included RPO and a moving pocket. Touchdown passes Mostly passes at LOS or behind. Again relying on elite athletic playmakers vs inferior talented defenders. Hollywood Brown May be faster than tyreke hill with the ball in his hands, those 2 guys can roll. Some good things in the pocket like stepping up at times, some bad leaving too early or throwing off balance, not set leading to some late or off target throws.

Will continue watching more game tape to try and find more NFL correlation.  

I watched some tape and agree there were very few plays where he had to actually use pocket instincts. But the same could be said for Deshawn Watson if you look at his college tape.

I saw one play against Alabama I believe where the DE was coming from his blind side and he saw him coming even though his head was turned the other way. Murray juked the DE so smoothly and then made the throw outside the pocket. Thats the kind of thing we’ve rarely seen from mariota and I don’t know if it can be taught.

Tape 3 v UCLA more promise from the NFL transition aspect. More velocity in throws, more throws down the field, more multiple progressions. Still all from Shotgun, still a ton of RPO. A ton of gimicky throws that don’t translate to consistent successes at the next level. Brown is a special talent when it comes to speed when he has the ball in his hand. CeeDee Lamb probably would be the first WR selected in this upcoming draft as well. 

You don’t see the same throws Baker made- not a ton of tight window or back shoulder throws. These guys are mostly running wide open and that just doesn’t happen that consistently at the next level. Murray is a special athlete but there are huge question marks surrounding his game as a passer. 

going to keep watching hoping for more NfL level throws, his talent running the ball is amazing but not sustainable as an NFL QB, definitely has had a few jaw dropping leave me in awe type plays in the first 3 tapes but you really have to question if those type of plays can even happen at the next level or if this will just be a midget behind the LOS taking a beating in the pocket

Nobody will ever compare to Vick. He possibly had the strongest arm of anyone to play in the NFL. Also, considering he was left handed. He had the prettiest tight spiral I ever saw. This guy couldn’t even hold Vick’s jock

I've not paid much attention to most of the college ranks lately. 

Watching some of this guy's highlights I notice he has a cannon like Mahomes but most of his completions appear to be to completely wide open WR's. 

Any one have any highlights of him threading the needle a little more often? 

He's a lock to go in the 1st round... not even a debate. The question is how much does his height handicap his stock in the 1st round. If he's three inches taller, he's probably a lock to go #1 overall. He would be a better prospect than last year's #1 overall prospect, and former teammate Baker Mayfield (who's on the short side himself). 

He's listed at 5'11, but some speculate he's closer to 5'9. Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Michael Vickk and Baker Mayfield are demonstrating shorter stockier guys can get it done in the NFL (just have a quick release), but 5'9 and smallish frame would be uncharted waters for a team taking him with a top 5 pick. But the talent is undeniable and he's one big with major production at every level, so there's a pedigree there that NFL front offices will have to closely evaluate. 

He's electrifying and can play the QB position extremely well. I think he has a future, but the offense is going to have really let him be himself. 

Edited by titansfan

1 hour ago, titansfan said:

He's a lock to go in the 1st round... not even a debate. The question is how much does his height handicap his stock in the 1st round. If he's three inches taller, he's probably a lock to go #1 overall. He would be a better prospect than last year's #1 overall prospect, and former teammate Baker Mayfield (who's on the short side himself). 

He's listed at 5'11, but some speculate he's closer to 5'9. Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, Michael Vickk and Baker Mayfield are demonstrating shorter stockier guys can get it done in the NFL (just have a quick release), but 5'9 and smallish frame would be uncharted waters for a team taking him with a top 5 pick. But the talent is undeniable and he's one big with major production at every level, so there's a pedigree there that NFL front offices will have to closely evaluate. 

He's electrifying and can play the QB position extremely well. I think he has a future, but the offense is going to have really let him be himself. 

Absolutely not a better passer than Mayfield. That premise is wrong. Mayfield was making back shoulder throws, cross field out routes, progression throws. Murray has made some of each, yes, but no where near the consistency or volume that Baker did. I think the OU WRs probably all average over 10 yards + YAC per catch this season with all the crossers, swing passes and behind the LOS screen game they run. 

22 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Would love to be in the draft room with JRob/Vrabel/AAS on the first night of the draft to listen into the conversation if he was still on the board at 19.

The OL is fine. The OLBs and WRs are thin. Other than that we are solid. We should be able to address at least one in FA. Our problem is QB. He’s constantly injured, sat out the biggest game of the year, and has been inconsistent. We can’t go the franchise route. Draft Murray if he’s there. If that isn’t the plan then extend Mariota now and draft in 2020. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny