Kyler Murray now expected to enter the NFL draft

AussieTitanFan08

I assumed it was a foregone conclusion that Murray would  play baseball.  

He's definitely an electrifying and exciting playmaker, for sure.   With teams becoming more and more open to spread and RPO-type quarterbacks, I'm guessing he goes in round one...maybe even top 15.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny how things line up some times (not saying the Cards would take Murray at #1)    

Foles/Murray, 2019!

I guess the obvious comparison is Vick plus much more passing ability. I just checked Vick's college stats and man they were not great, not even rushing/scrambling? it's crazy how the college game has changed. Not that Vick would be Murray level, but I can't imagine only 1000-2000y passing and 600y rushing in today's game.

I'm not sure how he stays healthy with his skillset but as long as he doesn't get killed he can probably go back to baseball if NFL QB doesn't work out.

49 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I bet when all is said and done he goes a lot higher than people expect.  People are going to look at him and think Russell Wilson.

What about the Giants?

PFF said he's absolutely off the charts. Forget the height or athleticism, he's flat out great as a passer, particularly on pro level throws. They said he's played on Baker Mayfield's level  

3 minutes ago, Face said:

PFF said he's absolutely off the charts. Forget the height or athleticism, he's flat out great as a passer, particularly on pro level throws. They said he's played on Baker Mayfield's level  

His height scares me a little bit.  

Just watched his taps vs Texas— only attempted 1-2 downfield throws from the pocket. Will be watching more film today but everything else was at or behind the LOS. He has elite weapons in Lamb and Brown with absolutely zero pressure in his face. Sure there are many more worrisome traits other than his size.

26 minutes ago, scine09 said:

His height scares me a little bit.  

Me to. He's real short. There's 6'0, 6'1. He's 5 10. As great as Wilson is it's very hard to play like him. He often has to leave the pocket just to see his receivers.

23 minutes ago, Face said:

Me to. He's real short. There's 6'0, 6'1. He's 5 10. As great as Wilson is it's very hard to play like him. He often has to leave the pocket just to see his receivers.

If he's sitting there in the second round, which I don't think he will be, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him.  He's not your typical 2nd round QB (Deshone Kizer comes to mind) where everyone knows he's not the answer and is a waste of a pick.  Either he becomes a long-term backup, a starter who I guess could have a high ceiling, they trade him eventually if he performs well in the preseason or in games if he has to play or he doesn't work out.  But he's worth a shot.

And like you always say, he's mobile which can be difficult to prepare for in a backup QB.

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

If he's sitting there in the second round, which I don't think he will be, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting him.  He's not your typical 2nd round QB (Deshone Kizer comes to mind) where everyone knows he's not the answer and is a waste of a pick.  Either he becomes a long-term backup, a starter who I guess could have a high ceiling, they trade him eventually if he performs well in the preseason or in games if he has to play or he doesn't work out.  But he's worth a shot.

And like you always say, he's mobile which can be difficult to prepare for in a backup QB.

I'd be supportive of drafting someone like Murray in the 2nd, but not in the first. 

We need an impact play-maker in the first - who helps us win games in 2019. 

Edited by tgo

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'd be supportive of drafting someone like Murray in the 2nd, but not in the first. 

We need an impact play-maker in the first - who helps us win games in 2019. 

I mean I'd rather the 3rd round.  The first HAS to be an immediate impact player.  Preferably another edge rusher.  But if it's the second I can get behind it.

I think they can only use a second on him if they're convinced he can be a franchise QB in the event that Mariota just can't stay on the field and they can't justify giving him another contract.  Otherwise it's too high to draft him.

But if they're convinced then it's good insurance.

Edited by scine09

Just now, Soxcat said:

Not sure what people are smoking but if we wanted this kid we need to take him at #19.  Assuming he even makes it that far.

He is a much better passer than Lamar Jackson but with similar running skills.  So yes, he is Wilson with a slighter build but where would Wilson go if he was re-drafted?

Quite honestly if the kid is there at #19 I'd take him if I were JRob. If Mariota goes off and has a great season you can franchise him and trade one of the QBs to the highest bidder.  Having Murray in camp and on the team to play if/when Mariota gets hurt might be nice as well.  I wouldn't pass him up if he was there at #19.   

this is generally my thought...drafting a QB is like putting money in the bank...if Mariota lights it up you trade the kid for future pics in the draft.

Concern with him would be after a couple years backing up Mariota will the idea that he may be thinking baseball again make him less valuable.