Kyler Murray now expected to enter the NFL draft

AussieTitanFan08

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny how things line up some times (not saying the Cards would take Murray at #1)    

Foles/Murray, 2019!

6 minutes ago, DecepticonShawn said:

He can bulk up if needed. I think the whole hes too short shit is overblown at this point with guys like wilson and brees.

Maybe.  Some guys sacrifice a lot of speed and quickness and overall mobility when they bulk up.

But if he's gonna play in the NFL he should do it just for survival's sake.

Much like Mariota should.

10 minutes ago, TitanDuckFan said:

Personally I think he's nuts for not playing baseball.

Considering the money and the beating his body will take in the NFL.

It leads me to believe he may not be as smart as he's touted to be.

Depending on where Kyler gets drafted the amount of money he could make on his first contract is way higher in football than baseball. Baker will make $32MM over his first 5 years. Francisco Lindor (taken #8 overall) made about $5MM from 2011-2018. Kyler could play under his first contract (if picked high enough) and then go play baseball. It’s not dumb to explore your options.

He looks like he just has natural instincts in the pocket similar to Watson. I’m starting to think pocket presence and ability to feel pass rushers around you is the best trait a qb can have. Having a cannon arm and running a 4.4 helps too. I like this guy

1 hour ago, Thrill said:

He looks like he just has natural instincts in the pocket similar to Watson. I’m starting to think pocket presence and ability to feel pass rushers around you is the best trait a qb can have. Having a cannon arm and running a 4.4 helps too. I like this guy

The last few years I’ve put more emphasis on a QB’s ability to navigate a congested pocket (footwork, climbing the pocket, feeling pressure, keeping eyes downfield) than having prototypical size with a laser rocket arm.  Accuracy always is up there, as it should be.  I think Titans fans are particularly hyper-aware in regards to these skills as we had a couple god awful QBs that couldn’t do these aspects of the position.