Jets hire Gase

Titans279

1 minute ago, ap24786 said:

We'll see. Darnold just feels like Winston 2.0 to me.

It's not just the player. It's the fact that at least it's a clean slate to start with.

Tannehill was not that, Gase was saddled with him when everyone should've known he wasn't the guy.

Gase can at least look at Darnold and truly hang his hat on a high draft pick he can mold and sink or swim with him.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol LaCanfora continuing to prove how clueless he is.    

You people are just making these names up.

Lol.   

3 hours ago, Justafan said:

He deserved another shot.

Agreed.

I think he did good for what he had to work with. Miami has made the playoffs 2 times the last 17 years. The organization is not what it once was.

His first year 2016 he won 10 games and made playoffs. But the team wasnt as good as they seemed they were actually -17 in point differential winning a lot of close games. They won 8 games by a TD or less including winning 5 games by four points or less.

2017 his starting QB hurt for year he gets a QB off the street and offense finishes year 28th in scoring offense and even the defense is just as bad finishing 29th in scoring defense. The offense was shut out twice losing 40-0 and 20-0 but they still won 6 games.

2018 the team had lost Jarvis Landry,Ndamukong Suh,Mike Pouncy,Julius Thomas,Jay Ajayi,Lawrence Timmons,William Hayes and were not expected to be competitive. Offense finishes year 26th in scoring offense and even the defense is just as bad finishing 27th in scoring defense. BUT in spite of a bad roster and finishing close to last in scoring offense and defense they started the year 3-0 and were 7-6 and in the playoff hunt with three games left in the season(lost last three 7-9). He beat Chicago,New England and Tennessee all winning teams.

He only got 3 years. He only had 2 years with a starting QB making the postseason 1 year.

All 3 years the team had a negative point differential,2 years the team was 26th or worse on offense and 27th or worse on defense.

2016 he made the postseason, 2017 he lost his starting QB, 2018 he lost a good chunk of vet talent YET was 7-6 and in the playoff hunt with 3 games left. Was close to making postseason 2 of 3 years.

I think that Gase will prove Miami wrong and win games in New York. He can mold young Darnold into a good QB and as far as Tannehill goes i think he is an average to below average QB.

I think Miami has issues internally which is a big reason they have only been in postseason 2 times in the last 17 years.

On 1/9/2019 at 10:57 PM, MIKE75 said:

Agreed.

I think he did good for what he had to work with. Miami has made the playoffs 2 times the last 17 years. The organization is not what it once was.

His first year 2016 he won 10 games and made playoffs. But the team wasnt as good as they seemed they were actually -17 in point differential winning a lot of close games. They won 8 games by a TD or less including winning 5 games by four points or less.

2017 his starting QB hurt for year he gets a QB off the street and offense finishes year 28th in scoring offense and even the defense is just as bad finishing 29th in scoring defense. The offense was shut out twice losing 40-0 and 20-0 but they still won 6 games.

2018 the team had lost Jarvis Landry,Ndamukong Suh,Mike Pouncy,Julius Thomas,Jay Ajayi,Lawrence Timmons,William Hayes and were not expected to be competitive. Offense finishes year 26th in scoring offense and even the defense is just as bad finishing 27th in scoring defense. BUT in spite of a bad roster and finishing close to last in scoring offense and defense they started the year 3-0 and were 7-6 and in the playoff hunt with three games left in the season(lost last three 7-9). He beat Chicago,New England and Tennessee all winning teams.

He only got 3 years. He only had 2 years with a starting QB making the postseason 1 year.

All 3 years the team had a negative point differential,2 years the team was 26th or worse on offense and 27th or worse on defense.

2016 he made the postseason, 2017 he lost his starting QB, 2018 he lost a good chunk of vet talent YET was 7-6 and in the playoff hunt with 3 games left. Was close to making postseason 2 of 3 years.

I think that Gase will prove Miami wrong and win games in New York. He can mold young Darnold into a good QB and as far as Tannehill goes i think he is an average to below average QB.

I think Miami has issues internally which is a big reason they have only been in postseason 2 times in the last 17 years.

If I've learned anything from TR from the past few months, none of that matters.  Gase was there for all of it.  We should expect him to do the exact same with the Jets regardless of what happens to their players.