Coast Guard families told they can have garage sales to cope with government shutdown

9 Nines

Employees of the U.S. Coast Guard who are facing a long U.S. government shutdown just received a suggestion: To get by without pay, consider holding a garage sale, babysitting, dog-walking or serving as a “mystery shopper.”

38 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Good point.  The Dems are really shitting on these people aren't they?  All over a fing budget for a barrier on the border which Dems have been in favor of and voted for in the past (for far more than $5 bil).  Yea, I'd be real damn pissed if I was these people.  

No one is buying this. 

1 hour ago, Cyrus said:

No one is buying this. 

Saw a shit-stream of all of this garbage on an acquaintance’s FB when she spoke out against the Wall in Oklahoma. They even went back to Bill Clinton. Education is important (OK is one of the worst in this department). 

4 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Good point.  The Dems are really shitting on these people aren't they?  All over a fing budget for a barrier on the border which Dems have been in favor of and voted for in the past (for far more than $5 bil).  Yea, I'd be real damn pissed if I was these people.  

Do you not question why Trump didn't demand his wall money when Republicans controlled congress?

13 hours ago, Soxcat said:

This is Trump’s shutdown. Own it, motherfucker. 

15 hours ago, begooode said:

Emphasis added, so we can have complete clarity regarding ownership of the shutdown

"I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up, are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier? Nancy said, NO," Trump tweeted after the meeting, adding: "I said bye-bye, nothing else works!" 

McCarthy at the Capitol after the meeting also disputed accounts that Trump lashed out. "The president turned to Nancy — and it was all very calm — and he asked her, ‘OK, if I open up the government, in 30 days could we have border security?’ And she said, ‘No, not at all.’”

Pressed on Trump's precise request, McCarthy said, “He may have said 'border wall.'"

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424616-pence-says-trump-passed-out-candy-and-didnt-raise-his-voice-in

The votes for a wall aren't there and never have been.  Not on Trump's 1st day in office and not now.

Trump and republicans need to accept reality, move on and quit holding the public and employees hostage.

9 hours ago, Soxcat said:

No one is buying it but it is the truth.  It is a fact.  Swaying opinion is one thing.  Knowing the real truth is another.  Pelosi doesn't give a rats ass about Federal Workers or immigration.   

No. It isn't fact at all.You batshit crazy moronic Christian douchebag.

14 hours ago, WG53 said:

No. It isn't fact at all.You batshit crazy moronic Christian douchebag.

Now wait a minute...  You can be a Christian and not be a batshit crazy moronic douchebag.  Of course if you're using soxcat as your only evidence, I can see where the confusion comes from.  Never mind.  Carry on.

Archived