Should JRob have hired LaFleur as Head Coach?

Tex in a Can

Should JRob have hired LaFleur as Head Coach last off season?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Should JRob have hired LaFleur as Head Coach last off season?

• Yes JROb should have hired LaFleur as the Head Coach last off season
    • No, JRob made the right decision to not hire LaFleur as the Head Coach last off season

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

I suspect vrabel interceded with the offense a few times. That's the problem with a def HC. They are usually too conservative.

On the contrary sir!

I've preferred defensive head coaches. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No.  Vrabel is a terrific coach.  

No. I like Vrabel a lot and I think he is the right choice for us. 

I don't look at Vrabel really as a defensive coach.  I look at him as a smart game manager who does a terrific job getting his guys to play for him and knows the rules inside and out.   How

Posted Images

Just now, oldschool said:

I suspect vrabel interceded with the offense a few times. That's the problem with a def HC. They are usually too conservative.

I think Vrabel was not conservative at all on 4th down and 2pt conversions. 

I pin the game planning largely on their confidence in Mariota, whether it was for injury, skills, or both).  I will say that they were a better unit after the bye and I attribute that to more comfort with the scheme, better playcalling to adjust to the talent, and frankly MM's better health (up until he got hurt again).

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Pretty sure there was a game where people lip read him telling LaFleur he can’t keep running the ball and needs to pass. Chargers game maybe?

I like Vrabel's mentality. No doubt he is the one for the job. Smart, willing to adapt, secure in his ability, quick to take the blame when things go wrong, and deflects praise when things go well. A true leader.

Edited by BeedoeLaw

11 hours ago, tgo said:

On the contrary sir!

I've preferred defensive head coaches. 

I do to.

But when it comes to losing your OC and offensive system every year or two to the coaching carousel, it sucks.

If this persists, a system of assistant education and promote-from-within will need to be developed.

Belichick has gotten away with it because he only values about 3 players/positions, and tells his OCs what system they'll run, aside from a few tweaks.

It's gonna be awhile before Vrabel has that kind of gravitas, much less the clout.

11 hours ago, tgo said:

Our success this year had little to do with having an offensive HC though. 

Same with the last two years. 

It had so much more to do with multiple "intangible" factors attributable to Vrabel's leadership and the guys we have on the team. 

We've been winning in spite of our offensive woes, because of the intangible things Vrabel and Mularkey have brought to the table. 

Correct. That’s why I believe we should amp up the defense.  Defense can add two more wins. Sacks. Fumbles. Picks. Pick6’s. 

Reich will probably be the one we look back on and wonder "what if." But I like what Vrabel did and Reich has Luck, so it's hard to say this early who the better coach will be. 

3 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Reich will probably be the one we look back on and wonder "what if." But I like what Vrabel did and Reich has Luck, so it's hard to say this early who the better coach will be. 

This is what really matters