Turron Davenport: Marcus Mariota's Career Resembles Alex Smith

big2033

20 hours ago, Stan said:

They have CFL for that. If you can’t play you can’t play, period. No matter how much time Gabbert spends in “minor leagues” you can’t teach the simple things it takes to be a QB. Some guys have natural ability .. you know right away you just know 

HOF Kurt Warner used time in the Arena League and the World League to get reps.  

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deluge of Mariota posts is reminiscent of the old VY days. It's getting borderline ridiculous. How many times can we say the same things over and over about the same guy? Mariota is going to get

And 95% are started by the group that thinks he sucks and they just regurgitate the same ole same ole.

They are. Mariota is clutch while Smith isn’t. There are other differences but that’s the main one. I still say we should cut him loose, sign someone like Flacco, and draft a QB in 2020. He isn’t good

51 minutes ago, 8MM said:

Before Marcus was drafted, they had suck for the duck.

Now it's get the fuck out... duck.

I 100% wanted him.

Hindsight I wouldn't change much. It made sense at the time and has paid some dividends for our franchise.

Edited by big2033

1 minute ago, freakingeek said:

This deluge of Mariota posts is reminiscent of the old VY days. It's getting borderline ridiculous. How many times can we say the same things over and over about the same guy? Mariota is going to get one last chance to prove 1) that he can stay healthy and 2) that he is the Titans QB of the future. Maybe we should have a separate Mariota forum?

Nah just get used to it.

He plays the most important position and hasn't been shit but hasn't been great. So it'll be a debate.

But if you check those forums/messages you'll find eerie similarities.

7 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Nah just get used to it.

He plays the most important position and hasn't been shit but hasn't been great. So it'll be a debate.

But if you check those forums/messages you'll find eerie similarities.

It feels like groundhog day every time I open a new thread, lol.

Edited by freakingeek

16 hours ago, big2033 said:

I wasn't trying to break new ground. Was trying to bring some reality.

Not sure why you haven't been posting your perspective here of late but on Twitter instead. But I'm sure Mariota being more Alex Smith and less Aaron Rodgers like we'd hoped isn't the most exciting thing to talk about.

Hahaha, I was tongue-in-cheek pretending Turron (not you) was stealing article ideas from Twitter. Namely, my Twitter.

I go through phases of activity and inactivity here ... and I don't post overly much on Twitter compared to how often I posted here. Just when an idea strikes and during games.

But all my habits are off right now. It's been a rough few months in general. Just otherwise occupied.

6 hours ago, freakingeek said:

This deluge of Mariota posts is reminiscent of the old VY days. It's getting borderline ridiculous. How many times can we say the same things over and over about the same guy? Mariota is going to get one last chance to prove 1) that he can stay healthy and 2) that he is the Titans QB of the future. Maybe we should have a separate Mariota forum?

Which is why I’m becoming more a reader than a poster for the next few months.