Sign in to follow this  
headhunter

Jon Robinson interview

Number9   

JRob isn't going to show his hand.  He ain't stupid.  He has a QB who is injury prone and DNP in the biggest game of the year @Nissan.  He has to ensure the team has a capable QB who can win games as a backup.  He needs a better backup than most GMs because of Mariota's injury history.  I bet he's looked over every QB available in 2019.

I think he saw potential in the QB he took last year, but teams are hungry for talent from good teams.  Lafleur.  

big2033   
7 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

Robinson is far too overconfident in his scouting abilities. 

When it comes to a backup QB, I put that on coaches as much as the GM

japan   
1 hour ago, Jonboy said:

Ok? A lot of people here (and elsewhere, such as Beddingfield) disagree. 

ha ha ha....

japan   
25 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Of course he’s not committing to Mariota beyond 2019

I thought there was a chance there toward the middle of the season that they might try and sign him to a friendlier type contact, but that all went out the window when he missed the final game and a half and cost us being in the playoffs.  He has next year to do something, then its time to move on.

4 hours ago, headhunter said:

I mean he helped win us a couple games and is better than what we had in  Matt Cassell. Its about all you can ask for in a backup QB. 

True but if there is a chance to get someone who is obviously better and content with more than likely the backup role, I think you have to make the necessary moves. 

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

True but if there is a chance to get someone who is obviously better and content with more than likely the backup role, I think you have to make the necessary moves. 

And we know how hard that is to do. Everybody wants a better backup

scine09   

The 102.5 interview was better as Robinson elaborated on Mariota.  He basically said he wants him out there for 16 games, knows the team can win with him and wants him to be the QB for a long time.

5 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Anyone could have won those games most likely, LaFleur called the plays where so there was damn near no real QBing involved.

That's the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted here.

ctm   
38 minutes ago, scine09 said:

The 102.5 interview was better as Robinson elaborated on Mariota.  He basically said he wants him out there for 16 games, knows the team can win with him and wants him to be the QB for a long time.

Can I read into that the interior OL will be the off season priority?