Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
headhunter

Jon Robinson interview

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I don't watch college football, but you're telling me there's no guy worth taking a mid-round flyer on for any single team?

I dont think so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GOAT9   

The division is too competitive. Cant afford to have 4-6 games a year with a backup QB that isn't capable. Finding a backup QB is a must for at least this season. Mariota cant be relied on to play a full season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GOAT9 said:

The division is too competitive. Cant afford to have 4-6 games a year with a backup QB that isn't capable. Finding a backup QB is a must for at least this season. Mariota cant be relied on to play a full season. 

Might as well just find a starter then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   

Kind of confirms my thinking on Robinson prioritizing continuity. It was clear hearing him talking about Kline that he'll be on the team. 

 

Contract structure further cements this for 2019. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BudAdams   
Just now, tgo said:

He went on to talk about how he and Mariota are putting their heads together on how they can better protect him and how he can better protect himself so that he can stay healthy. Talked about how it important it was. 

 

Went on to talk about how they need him healthy for 16 games next season, because when he's healthy they can beat anybody. 

 

He's not going anywhere this year - the question is 2020. 

Which is the expected and correct approach.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tgo said:

He's not going anywhere this year - the question is 2020. 

Well yeah, he's under contract. Releasing him would be stupid and no one would trade much for him (and then you'd have no realistic replacement plans at the moment) but odds are Mariota won't be healthy for all of 2019. What do we infer from that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scine09   
3 minutes ago, tgo said:

He went on to talk about how he and Mariota are putting their heads together on how they can better protect him and how he can better protect himself so that he can stay healthy. Talked about how it important it was. 

 

Went on to talk about how they need him healthy for 16 games next season, because when he's healthy they can beat anybody. 

 

He's not going anywhere this year - the question is 2020. 

How about "STOP RUNNING INTO LINEBACKERS, BLOCKING OPPONENTS AND TRYING TO MAKE TACKLES OFF AN INT!  AND IF IN TROUBLE THROW THE BALL AWAY OR SLIDE!"

 

That's a start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Well yeah, he's under contract. Releasing him would be stupid and no one would trade much for him (and then you'd have no realistic replacement plans at the moment) but odds are Mariota won't be healthy for all of 2019. What do we infer from that?

It depends on whether we make the playoffs and how critical the games are that he misses imo, and furthermore - if we were to make the playoffs, how Mariota plays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tgo   
Just now, scine09 said:

How about "STOP RUNNING INTO LINEBACKERS, BLOCKING OPPONENTS AND TRYING TO MAKE TACKLES OFF AN INT!  AND IF IN TROUBLE THROW THE BALL AWAY OR SLIDE!"

 

That's a start.

Haha exactly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scine09   
3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

The funny thing is that eliminating all of this won't help because most of his injuries occur during boring old plays from the pocket. Investing in a line that can handle a basic TE stunt on the other hand would do wonders for his health.

Is it possible though that taking the extra hits on plays such as blocking an opponent or running into a linebacker instead of sliding make him more prone to injuring himself on one of those basic pocket plays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...